Bulgaria Gained BGN 7.4 B from Privatization since 1993
Bulgaria's revenues from the privatization of state-owned companies in the period 1993 – 2012 amount to BGN 7.4 B, according to Finance Minister Simeon Djankov.
Speaking Friday in Parliament, he said that in the period 1993-2000 Bulgaria had registered revenues of BGN 2.2 B from privatization, while the revenues in the period 2002-2012 amounted to BGN 5.2 B
Djankov, as cited by dnevnik.bg noted that the sum included payments with bonds during the mass privatization process, as well as the sales of several large companies.
He specified that the sum did not include investments promised by the new owners of the firms.
He reminded that the privatization process had started in 1992 and that a new law adopted in 2002 had made the Privatization and Post-Privatization Control Agency the sole body authorized to seal such deals.
- » Foreign Investments in Bulgaria Shrink by 60% at End-2016
- » Bulgaria Ranks 47th in Economic Freedom Index
- » KEVR: Bulgargaz' Demand for 32% Hike in Gas Prices Is Unjustifiably High
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking South Stream Project Revival'
- » Holiday and Spa Expo Kicks Off in Blgaria
- » Bulgaria Posted 1.3% inflation in January