Bulgaria Gained BGN 7.4 B from Privatization since 1993
Bulgaria's revenues from the privatization of state-owned companies in the period 1993 – 2012 amount to BGN 7.4 B, according to Finance Minister Simeon Djankov.
Speaking Friday in Parliament, he said that in the period 1993-2000 Bulgaria had registered revenues of BGN 2.2 B from privatization, while the revenues in the period 2002-2012 amounted to BGN 5.2 B
Djankov, as cited by dnevnik.bg noted that the sum included payments with bonds during the mass privatization process, as well as the sales of several large companies.
He specified that the sum did not include investments promised by the new owners of the firms.
He reminded that the privatization process had started in 1992 and that a new law adopted in 2002 had made the Privatization and Post-Privatization Control Agency the sole body authorized to seal such deals.
- » Dutch Company Takeaway.com Buys BGMenu for EUR 10.5 Million
- » Nearly 8.9 Million Foreign Tourists Came to Bulgaria in 2017
- » The IMF Insists: Accelerate the Raise of Wages!
- » SurveyThe Most Visited Country in the World is Japan
- » Venezuela will Release Another Virtual Currency
- » Investments in "Smart" Cities will Reach $ 80 billion in 2018