Lawyer Says Tymoshenko in Critical Condition
Imprisoned former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko's health is in critical condition, according to her lawyer.
Lawyer Sergei Vlasenko has said that he thought Tymoshenko was "dead" when he found her in the shower at the Kharkiv hospital in which she is currently being held.
"I'm not a specialist, but the situation is critical," Vlasenko has stated, as cited by RIA Novosti. According to the lawyer, Tymoshenko did not immediately recognize him upon his arrival.
The former Ukrainian PM has been in the hospital since the summer of 2012, where she was moved from her prison cell following complaints of back pain. She continues to serve out her controversial seven-year sentence.
- » Ukraine's Army Starts Anti-Terror Operation in Kramatorsk
- » Protesters Attempt to Storm Ukraine Parliament
- » Kosovo to Request Setting Up Special EU Tribunal
- » Malaysia Airliner Search Challenged by Deep Waters
- » Police Station Stormed as Kiev Moves to Quell Blockades
- » Ukrainian Candidate for Presidency Brutally Beaten