Lawyer Says Tymoshenko in Critical Condition
Imprisoned former Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko's health is in critical condition, according to her lawyer.
Lawyer Sergei Vlasenko has said that he thought Tymoshenko was "dead" when he found her in the shower at the Kharkiv hospital in which she is currently being held.
"I'm not a specialist, but the situation is critical," Vlasenko has stated, as cited by RIA Novosti. According to the lawyer, Tymoshenko did not immediately recognize him upon his arrival.
The former Ukrainian PM has been in the hospital since the summer of 2012, where she was moved from her prison cell following complaints of back pain. She continues to serve out her controversial seven-year sentence.
- » Montenegro's Djukanovic Not Up for New PM Term after Elections
- » EU Parliament Backs Mechanism Replacing CVM Monitoring on Bulgaria, Romania
- » Turkey's Cavusoglu: Ground Operation in Iraq Is Possible If Turkey Is Threatened
- » Greece To Receive EUR 2.8 B Tranche Under Third Bailout Programme
- » Explosion Rocks Antalya Chamber of Commerce
- » Hungarian PM Orban: We Must End Europe's Sovietisation