Bulgaria Says It Backs Efforts to Restore Constitutional Order in Mali
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Nikolay Mladenov has declared that his country supports France's efforts to secure stability in Mali.
"I am deeply concerned about the situation in Mali. Terrorist and fundamentalist groups that have taken control in the northern part of the country are threatening not only the country as a whole but also the security of neighbouring countries," Mladenov has declared in a statement.
"Bulgaria supports the efforts by France to secure stability in the country in the framework of UN Security Council Resolution 2085. France's actions are necessary because the civilian population must be protected and the humanitarian crisis ended. To this end, it is important to improve the co-ordination between humanitarian actions and military support."
Mladenov has also stated that Bulgaria supports the efforts of the EU and the countries of West Africa which are supporting the lawful government of the Republic of Mali.
- » Ukrainian Ambassador to Bulgaria Calls for Greater Consolidation, Consistency in Western Sanctions against Russia
- » Bulgaria's President Plevneliev: Turkey Is Very Important To Us
- » Bulgaria's President to Attend Erdogan's Inauguration in Ankara
- » Bulgaria, US Hope for Positive Results from Four-Way Ukraine Talks
- » Russia Sends Protest Note to Bulgaria Over Soviet Monument Desecration
- » Bulgaria Tightens Control over Honorary Consuls