Dozens of Hostages Killed in Algeria - Report
Some 35 hostages and 15 kidnappers have been killed in southern Algeria as they were being moved to another location, according to reports.
Al Jazeera has reminded that Thursday's incident happened a day after dozens of foreigners and Algerians were taken hostage by heavily armed fighters near the In Amenas gas field.
The Islamist militants staged a deadly attack on a natural gas field near the eastern Algerian desert town of In Amenas on Wednesday morning, killing two people. The attackers said they seized 41 foreigners, including Americans, Japanese and Europeans
The hostage-takers-demanded the release of Islamists from Algerian prisons and an end to French military action in Mali.
The kidnappers are believed to have been operating under orders from Mokhtar Belmokhtar, a former senior commander of al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality