Bulgaria Appoints 2 New Deputy Chief Prosecutors
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council approved on Thursday the appointment of Deputy Chief Prosecutors Borislav Sarafov and Penka Bogdanova.
Sarafov was the Head of the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office, while Bogdanova was the spokesperson of the Plovdiv Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
The appointments of Sarafov and Bogdanova were proposed by Sotir Tsatsarov, who took oath of office as Bulgaria's new Chief Prosecutor last Thursday.
Two other Deputy Chief Prosecutors picked by Tsatsarov – Kamen Mihov and Asya Petrova – are yet to be officially appointed.
Deputy Chief Prosecutor Galina Toneva will remain in office.
The Supreme Judicial Council also decided to demote controversial prosecutor Galya Gugusheva. The former deputy head of the Special Appellate Prosecutor's Office will be a regular prosecutor from now on.
- » Interior Minister Notes 2.5-Fold Increase of Migratory Flow Through Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria’s Ataka Party Protests over Downing of Russian Warplane by Turkey
- » IntMin: Bulgaria Is Not Directly Threatened by Russia-Turkey Tensions
- » Bulgaria Govt to Spend BGN 1 M on Electric Cars for Civil Servants
- » Bulgaria's Cultural Sector Workers to Protest Against Insufficient Funding
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 24 Illegal Migrants Near Pazardzhik