Bulgaria Appoints 2 New Deputy Chief Prosecutors
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council approved on Thursday the appointment of Deputy Chief Prosecutors Borislav Sarafov and Penka Bogdanova.
Sarafov was the Head of the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office, while Bogdanova was the spokesperson of the Plovdiv Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
The appointments of Sarafov and Bogdanova were proposed by Sotir Tsatsarov, who took oath of office as Bulgaria's new Chief Prosecutor last Thursday.
Two other Deputy Chief Prosecutors picked by Tsatsarov – Kamen Mihov and Asya Petrova – are yet to be officially appointed.
Deputy Chief Prosecutor Galina Toneva will remain in office.
The Supreme Judicial Council also decided to demote controversial prosecutor Galya Gugusheva. The former deputy head of the Special Appellate Prosecutor's Office will be a regular prosecutor from now on.
- » Bulgaria's Presidential Hopefuls: The Low-Profile Candidates (Part 3)
- » Presidential Elections: Bulgaria's Controversial Ex-PM 'Asked DPS for Support'
- » Bulgaria to Keep CCTV Cameras in Polling Stations Off on Election Day
- » Bulgaria Getting Ready for Mass Refugee Influx
- » Bulgarian MPs: Ceiling of 35 Voting Sections Abolished for EU countries
- » Mestan: Oresharski Is Not DPS' Real Candidate