Bulgaria Appoints 2 New Deputy Chief Prosecutors
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council approved on Thursday the appointment of Deputy Chief Prosecutors Borislav Sarafov and Penka Bogdanova.
Sarafov was the Head of the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office, while Bogdanova was the spokesperson of the Plovdiv Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
The appointments of Sarafov and Bogdanova were proposed by Sotir Tsatsarov, who took oath of office as Bulgaria's new Chief Prosecutor last Thursday.
Two other Deputy Chief Prosecutors picked by Tsatsarov – Kamen Mihov and Asya Petrova – are yet to be officially appointed.
Deputy Chief Prosecutor Galina Toneva will remain in office.
The Supreme Judicial Council also decided to demote controversial prosecutor Galya Gugusheva. The former deputy head of the Special Appellate Prosecutor's Office will be a regular prosecutor from now on.
- » Bulgaria DefMin Urges President to Veto Changes to Military Intelligence Act
- » FinMin: Debate on Increasing Bulgaria's Military Spending Is Forthcoming
- » Bulgarian PM Backs DefMin, Blames Predecessors for State of Air Force
- » 42 000 Bulgarians to Run for Mayors, Municipal Councillors in Local Elections
- » Bulgarian MPs to Vote on Migration Law Amendments
- » Changes to Bulgaria’s Public Procurement Act Move Forward