Bulgaria Appoints 2 New Deputy Chief Prosecutors
Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council approved on Thursday the appointment of Deputy Chief Prosecutors Borislav Sarafov and Penka Bogdanova.
Sarafov was the Head of the Specialized Appellate Prosecutor's Office, while Bogdanova was the spokesperson of the Plovdiv Appellate Prosecutor's Office.
The appointments of Sarafov and Bogdanova were proposed by Sotir Tsatsarov, who took oath of office as Bulgaria's new Chief Prosecutor last Thursday.
Two other Deputy Chief Prosecutors picked by Tsatsarov – Kamen Mihov and Asya Petrova – are yet to be officially appointed.
Deputy Chief Prosecutor Galina Toneva will remain in office.
The Supreme Judicial Council also decided to demote controversial prosecutor Galya Gugusheva. The former deputy head of the Special Appellate Prosecutor's Office will be a regular prosecutor from now on.
- » Bulgarian Parliament Will be on a Summer Recess Until 31 August
- » Fire Broke Out on the Roof of the Ministry of Environment and Water
- » Activist Anelia Veleva Resigned From the Party of Valery Simeonov
- » Repairs will Block 'Orlov Most' in August
- » The Repairs of the Winter Palace of Sport will Cost Nearly BGN 5 Million
- » Last Working Day Before the Summer Vacation of Bulgarian MPs will be on July 28