Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » UN: Bulgaria is in the Group of Developed Economies, But not the Rich
- » Nato Reappoints Jens Stoltenberg as Chief Until 2020
- » By 2020: 50% of the World's Electric Vehicles will be in China
- » Google Forwards more Traffic to Media Outlets than Facebook
- » After more than 2 Years of Delay, the Tallest Building in China is Now Open
- » Over 300 Flights were Canceled at Brussels Airport