Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » Barcelona: Van Hits Crowds in Ramblas Tourist Area
- » Iraq Seeks International Help to Investigate Islamic State Crimes
- » An Australian Senator Appeared Wearing Burka in Parliament
- » Italy Recorded the Strongest Economic Growth of 6 Years
- » Greece Angered at Turkey that they Disputed Marine Border
- » Ryanair Filed a Complaint with the EU over Air Berlin Bankruptcy