Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » EU Mulls Doubling of Triton Funds – German Interior Minister
- » Four UNICEF Officers Murdered in Somalia
- » Boat Carrying 300 Migrants Issues Distress Signal, 20 Feared Dead
- » At Least Three Die in Latest Migrant Incident Off Rhodes Island
- » Greece Launches Trial Against Neo-Nazi Golden Dawn Party
- » IS Releases Video Depicting `Killing` of Ethiopian Christians