Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » Turkey’s Ruling Party Names Foreign Minister Davutoglu as New PM
- » Ukrainian President Likely to Dissolve Parliament Next Week
- » US Admits Secret Mission Failed to Free James Foley
- » Turkey's Ruling Party to Name New PM
- » Ukraine Ready to Compromise on Russian Gas Price
- » Ukrainian Flag Raised Over Iconic Moscow Skyscraper