Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year
- » EP's Schulz Criticises Tsipras of Splitting Common EU Stance on Russia
- » EU Foreign Ministers to Discuss Further Sanctions Against Russia
- » New Greek Govt Objects to EU Call for Further Sanctions on Russia
- » Gazprom Plans to Start Pumping Gas to Turkey via New Pipeline in Dec 2016
- » SYRIZA Determined to Seek Renegotiation of Greek Debt