Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » Arseny Yatseniuk Elected For Prime Minister Of Ukraine
- » EU Commission Survives Vote of No Confidence in Parliament
- » Bulgaria, Romania Citizens Help Fuel Rise in UK Net Migration
- » UK's Main Parties Agree to Grant More Powers to Scotland
- » General Strike Halts Services Across Greece
- » Tony Blair Urges West-Russia Cooperation Against Islamic Extremism