Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot