Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » Turkey Tells Its Citizens to Delay Travel to Russia
- » Macedonian Army Builds Metal Fence on Border with Greece
- » Ankara-Moscow Relations Won't Fall Victim to Russian Warplane Downing - Turkish Deputy PM
- » Turkish Air Force Reportedly Suspends Flights over Syria
- » Russia to Suspend Visa-free Travel Regime with Turkey from 2016
- » France to Commemorate Paris Victims With National Memorial Service