Islamist Militants Abduct Foreigners in Algeria
Two foreign nationals have been killed and several abducted in an attack by Islamist militants on a gas plant in eastern Algeria.
According to BBC, one of the foreigners killed was British.
Militants linked to al-Qaeda have claimed to have kidnapped six people. Their nationalities are still unknown.
Prior to the attack, the militants targeted a bus carrying workers from a gas facility near In Amenas, wounding several people.
The attack came after militants vowed to avenge France's military intervention in Mali, where its forces have been battling Islamists linked to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM).
- » South Africa Gears for Week-Long Mandela Memorials
- » Jordan Replaces Saudi Arabia on UN Security Council
- » Ukraine's Tymoshenko Ends Hunger Strike
- » Some Social Media Users Claim Mandela Was 'Terrorist, Racist'
- » French IM Urges EU to be Realistic in its Immigration Policies
- » Mandela to Be Buried in Hometown on December 15