Bulgarian Transport Ministry Reports BGN 23 M from Concessions for 2011
By December 2011, Bulgaria's Ministry of Transport, Information Technology, and Communications controlled 9 concession contracts for the port terminals of Lesport, Balchik, Svishtov, Oryahovo, Somovit, Vidin-Sever, and Rosenetz, the the Silistra ferry terminal, and the civil airports in Burgas and Varna, according to a report on the implementation of infrastructure concession contracts.
The report was presented to the Bulgarian government on Wednesday.
According to the report, as cited in a media statement of the government, revenues from concession activity amounted to BGN 23 308 M, VAT included.
Revenues from concession payments stood at BGN 23 233 M, VAT included, compensatory damages at BGN 40 665, VAT excluded, punitive damages at BGN 14 434 VAT included, and revenues from sale of documents for participation in concession procedures at BGN 20 000.
Concessionaires of port terminals in 2011 were recognized investments worth a total of BGN 6, 212 M and Fraport Twin Star Airport Management AD reported investments of BGN 75,216 M in the civil airports in Burgas and Varna.
The overall review and analysis of the obligations of the concessionaires shows that the terms of the contracts are observed, the quality and volume of services and activities on the sites have improved, as well as the working conditions.
According to the report, the obligations for implementing commitments under social programs, including job creation, are also observed.
- » Russian Companies Interested in Building Hydraulic Structures in Bulgaria – Ambassador Isakov
- » Bulgaria Launches EU-funded Advertising Campaign to Boost Domestic Tourism
- » Ex Energy Minister Seeks 10-Fold Increase in Minimum Fine for Power Distributors
- » Bulgaria’s Max to Offer New High Definition Voice Services
- » Bulgaria Energy Minister Triggers Inspection at Energy Distributors
- » Bulgaria 'Unable to Halt South Stream Construction' - Ex-Energy Minister