Bulgarian Border Police Bust 8 Illegal Syrian Immigrants
Bulgarian border guards have arrested eight illegal immigrants from Syria in a police operation near the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
A total of nine men were busted near the village of Golyan Dervent by border guards from the Elhovo Border Police Department, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry announced Wednesday.
The detained group includes nine men aged between 22 and 46 without IDs who told the border policemen they come from Syria, and their trafficker, a 38-year-old man holding dual Bulgarian and Turkish citizenship.
The trafficker has been charged with human trafficking, and the arrested Syrians – with illegal crossing of the Bulgarian border.
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group
- » Two Armed Robberies Committed In Sofia Overnight
- » Hackers Attack European Central Bank's Website
- » Bulgarian Customs Nab Illicit Cigarettes at Danube Bridge 2
- » Bulgarian Police Officer Critically Wounded By Mentally Ill Man
- » 28-Year-Old Man Wounded in Shoting in Sofia