Kentucky College Shooting Leaves 2 Dead, 1 Injured
Two people have been killed and a teenager has been wounded in the parking lot of a Kentucky community college in the US.
The shooting took place before 6 p.m. local time Tuesday at Hazard Community and Technical College. The teenager was flown to the University of Kentucky hospital, 120 miles away.
According to local authorities, the shooting had nothing to do with the college and could be related to a domestic situation.
The suspect, identified by police as Dalton Stidham, turned himself in to Kentucky State Police. He is facing two counts of murder and one count of attempted murder, according to WLEX TV.
Police identified the victims as Caitlin Cornett and her uncle, Jackie Cornett. The injured teen is Jackie Cornett's daughter, WLEX reported, cited by NBC News.
Caitlin Cornett was a student at the college, according to a WLEX reporter. Preliminary information indicated that Stidham and Caitlin Cornett had a child in common and were meeting in a parking lot of the school to exchange the child for visitation.
The shooting came in the eve of US President Barack Obama unveiling of measures aimed at curbing gun violence, following New York's passage of tough firearms restrictions. The measures were prompted by the mass shooting on December 14, 2012 at an elementary school in Newtown, CT, leaving 20 children and 6 adults dead.
- » Jihadists Killed over 58 Policemen in Egypt
- » Dozens Dead in Suicide Bombing at Kabul Mosque
- » The Emperor of Japan will Abdicate on 31 March 2019
- » Far from Catalonia, Canvey Island in England also Wants Independence
- » EU will Cut Some Money For Turkey as Ties Sour
- » Drone Video Shows Full Scale of Destruction of the Syrian City of Raqqa (Video)