Bulgaria Declares Code Yellow over Gusty Winds
Code yellow has been declared for twenty one Bulgarian regions Wednesday over the forecast for gusty winds.
The forecast has been issued by the Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, BAS.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
It is effective for the regions of Sofia City, Vratsa, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Lovech, Gabrovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Ruse, Targovishte, Razgrad, Shumen, Silistra, Dobrich, Varna, Burgas, Yambol, Sliven, Stara Zagora, Haskovo, Kardzhali and Plovdiv.
The weather will be very warm for January with temperatures varying significantly.
The minimum temperatures will be between minus 1C in northwestern Bulgaria to plus 8-9C in eastern Bulgaria and north of the mountains, while the maximum – between plus 1-2C in northwestern Bulgaria to plus 15-16C in the rest of the country.
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos
- » Farmer Market Fest Showcases Organic Food