Bangladesh Strikes Major Arms Deal with Russia
Russia will issue a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian-made arms and military equipment, it has been announced.
Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday.
"Russia...will allocate a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian arms and military equipment," Putin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
The two countries also settled on a project to jointly build Bangladesh's first nuclear power plant.
- » Germany, France Agree on Need for Mandatory Quotas to Distribute Migrants in EU
- » Serbia Calls on EU to Define Clear Policy on Migrants
- » EU Ambassadors Agree to Extend Sanctions Against Russia over Ukraine Crisis
- » Passportless Migrants Protest in Budapest at Hungary’s Travel Ban
- » Clashes Near Ukraine’s Parliament Deepen Rifts in Ruling Coalition
- » EU to Extend Sanctions Against Russian, Ukrainian Individuals, Companies