Bangladesh Strikes Major Arms Deal with Russia
Russia will issue a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian-made arms and military equipment, it has been announced.
Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday.
"Russia...will allocate a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian arms and military equipment," Putin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
The two countries also settled on a project to jointly build Bangladesh's first nuclear power plant.
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y
- » NATO Reports 'Unusual' Increase Of Russian Warplanes Over Europe
- » Military Plane Crashes in California, Killing Pilot
- » Hungary Rocked by Huge Protest over Controversial Internet Tax
- » Poland Denies Deploying Troops Near Ukraine