Bangladesh Strikes Major Arms Deal with Russia
Russia will issue a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian-made arms and military equipment, it has been announced.
Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday.
"Russia...will allocate a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian arms and military equipment," Putin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
The two countries also settled on a project to jointly build Bangladesh's first nuclear power plant.
- » Thousands Join NY Climate March Ahead of UN Climate Summit
- » Kiev to Set Up Fund to Restore Ukraine's East
- » Pope Francis Praises Albania for Religious Harmony during 11-hour Visit
- » 5.3-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Western Greece
- » Kiev, Pro-Moscow Rebels Agree to Set Buffer Zone to Bolster Ceasefire
- » First French Air Strikes Against Islamic State Destroy Supply Depot