Bangladesh Strikes Major Arms Deal with Russia
Russia will issue a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian-made arms and military equipment, it has been announced.
Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday.
"Russia...will allocate a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian arms and military equipment," Putin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
The two countries also settled on a project to jointly build Bangladesh's first nuclear power plant.
- » EU Commission Unveils Migrant Relocation & Resettlement Plan
- » Macedonian Opposition Leader Zaev Expects Crisis Will Be Over by End-June
- » Russian Official Declares Mistral Deal Dead
- » British Queen Announces EU Referendum to Be Held Before End of 2017
- » Danish Prime Minister Calls Early General Election in June
- » NATO Chief Urges Russia to Avoid Snap Military Drills