Bangladesh Strikes Major Arms Deal with Russia
Russia will issue a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian-made arms and military equipment, it has been announced.
Russian President Vladimir Putin met with Bangladesh's Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Tuesday.
"Russia...will allocate a $1 billion loan to Bangladesh for purchases of Russian arms and military equipment," Putin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
The two countries also settled on a project to jointly build Bangladesh's first nuclear power plant.
- » Bulgaria Voices Support for Macedonia’s Territorial Integrity
- » Monument of Turkmen President Now Erected in Ashgabat
- » Russia Starts Snap Drills of Central District Air Force, Air Defence Group
- » ESM Head Klaus Regling Emphasizes Need for Prompt Action in Greece
- » Turkey President Says NY Times Should 'Know Its Place'
- » Bulgarian Vessel Taking Part in Romanian Naval Drill