Sofia Apartment Massacre 'Carefully Plotted' - Profilers
The tragedy that shocked Bulgaria's capital Sofia last week was the result of a carefully premeditated execution, according to local experts.
A Bulgarian couple, their two grown-up sons and grandmother were found dead in a Sofia apartment late on Thursday with multiple wounds.
According to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry's psychology unit, it was 55-year-old Vasil Savov, a former Defense Ministry Official, who was likely responsible for the massacre.
Psychology unit head Rosen Yordanov has that the father's aggression stemmed from his desperation over the family's hardships.
Yordanov has further pointed out that Bulgaria currently lacks a registry of the mentally ill. He has identified lenient gun control policies as another problem for the country.
- » Bulgarian Court Fines 82-Year-Old Woman over Cannabis Growing
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Resubmit Indictment against Sigma Police Officers
- » Trial against Bulgarian Businessman Grisha Ganchev Kicks Off
- » Bulgarian Man Charged with Rape, Murder of British National in Malomir
- » Sofia Court Postpones Decision on Extradition of Technomarket Co-founder to Italy
- » Bulgaria to Rule on Technomarket CEO's Extradition to Italy