Sofia Apartment Massacre 'Carefully Plotted' - Profilers
The tragedy that shocked Bulgaria's capital Sofia last week was the result of a carefully premeditated execution, according to local experts.
A Bulgarian couple, their two grown-up sons and grandmother were found dead in a Sofia apartment late on Thursday with multiple wounds.
According to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry's psychology unit, it was 55-year-old Vasil Savov, a former Defense Ministry Official, who was likely responsible for the massacre.
Psychology unit head Rosen Yordanov has that the father's aggression stemmed from his desperation over the family's hardships.
Yordanov has further pointed out that Bulgaria currently lacks a registry of the mentally ill. He has identified lenient gun control policies as another problem for the country.
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 46 People Suspected of Human Smuggling
- » “I would hate to see someone else in my situation,” Len Homeniuk tells Globe and Mail
- » Bulgaria to Extradite Suspect in Migrant Truck Deaths to Austria
- » Sofia Court Relaunches Money Laundering Case against Alleged Drug Lord Evelin Banev
- » Trial against Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord to Continue in Sofia
- » Bulgaria’s Lesovo Border Crossing Point Reopens after Special Police Operation