Bulgaria's Ruling GERB Names New MEP
Bulgaria's ruling centrist-right GERB party has named its new Member of the European Parliament.
Preslav Borisov, a former deputy Agriculture Minister, will replace Iliana Ivanova, MEP from the EPP group, who was elected to join the European Court of Auditors.
Borisov will be a member of the European Parliament's delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the Delegation for relations with Israel, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
- » Bulgaria Says Angela Merkel Pledges Support for Its Bid for Additional Help from Frontex
- » EC Appoints Bulgaria’s Charlina Vitcheva Deputy Director-General at Joint Research Centre
- » Bulgaria to Assume EU Presidency 6 Months Earlier
- » EC Takes Bulgaria to Court over Insufficient Protection of Endangered Birds
- » Bulgarian Army Ready to Boost Assistance to Police in Border Protection, Def Min Says
- » EU Asks Bulgaria to Comply with Rules for Energy Consumption of Buildings