Bulgaria's Ruling GERB Names New MEP
Bulgaria's ruling centrist-right GERB party has named its new Member of the European Parliament.
Preslav Borisov, a former deputy Agriculture Minister, will replace Iliana Ivanova, MEP from the EPP group, who was elected to join the European Court of Auditors.
Borisov will be a member of the European Parliament's delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the Delegation for relations with Israel, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
- » EC Rejects Suspending Rural Development Payments to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria "Could Remain EU's Poorest Country Even after 2020"
- » MEPs Seek Mandatory "Made-in" Labeling to Boost Product Safety
- » EP Approves Right to Basic Bank Account for All EU Residents
- » Bulgarian Foreign Minister Urges EU to Guarantee Russian Gas Supplies
- » Supreme Court Chair: Time to Set End Date for EC Reports on Bulgaria