Bulgaria's Ruling GERB Names New MEP
Bulgaria's ruling centrist-right GERB party has named its new Member of the European Parliament.
Preslav Borisov, a former deputy Agriculture Minister, will replace Iliana Ivanova, MEP from the EPP group, who was elected to join the European Court of Auditors.
Borisov will be a member of the European Parliament's delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the Delegation for relations with Israel, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
- » Europol Busts People Smuggling Group Linked to Bulgaria
- » Child Poverty Highest in Bulgaria, Romania
- » EU Commission Adopts Bulgaria's Fisheries, Aquaculture Programme Worth EUR 113 M
- » Oxfam-funded Report Accuses Bulgaria of Police Abuse of Migrants
- » Bulgaria Contributes EUR 50,000 to EU's Emergency Trust Fund for Africa
- » Workers from Bulgaria, Romania in UK Reach Fresh High of 219,000