Bulgaria's Ruling GERB Names New MEP
Bulgaria's ruling centrist-right GERB party has named its new Member of the European Parliament.
Preslav Borisov, a former deputy Agriculture Minister, will replace Iliana Ivanova, MEP from the EPP group, who was elected to join the European Court of Auditors.
Borisov will be a member of the European Parliament's delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the Delegation for relations with Israel, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
- » Environment Ministry to Fine 87 Municipalities over EU Program
- » 15 Parties, 6 Coalitions, 6 Independent Candidates Run in EU Elections
- » 50 Bulgarian Municipalities Face Bankruptcy over Financial Corrections
- » MEPs Oppose South Stream, Seek Sanctions against Russian Energy Firms
- » EC Rejects Suspending Rural Development Payments to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria "Could Remain EU's Poorest Country Even after 2020"