Bulgaria's Ruling GERB Names New MEP
Bulgaria's ruling centrist-right GERB party has named its new Member of the European Parliament.
Preslav Borisov, a former deputy Agriculture Minister, will replace Iliana Ivanova, MEP from the EPP group, who was elected to join the European Court of Auditors.
Borisov will be a member of the European Parliament's delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the Delegation for relations with Israel, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
- » Bulgaria Records Sizeable Y/Y Drop in Jobless Rate in February 2015
- » Bulgaria Had Lowest Hourly Labor Costs in EU in 2014, at EUR 3.8
- » EU Launches Proceeding on Agricultural Land Ownership Laws in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Fails to Address Shortcomings in Treatment of Prisoners, Conditions of Detention - CoE
- » Bulgaria to Get EUR 10 M EU Funding to Tackle Asylum, Migration, Integration
- » EU Commission VP Jyrki Katainen to Visit Bulgaria on April 16