Bulgaria's Ruling GERB Names New MEP
Bulgaria's ruling centrist-right GERB party has named its new Member of the European Parliament.
Preslav Borisov, a former deputy Agriculture Minister, will replace Iliana Ivanova, MEP from the EPP group, who was elected to join the European Court of Auditors.
Borisov will be a member of the European Parliament's delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee and the Delegation for relations with Israel, according to the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency.
- » Bulgarian Farmers Invited to Apply for EU Funding of EUR 50 M for New Equipment
- » Serbian Minister Criticizes Bulgaria for Sending Troops to Macedonian Border
- » Bulgaria Detains 310 Illegal Migrants at Borders Aug 13-20
- » Bulgaria Needs Effort to Incite Investment - Commissioner Georgieva
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia to Benefit from EUR 17 M in EU Funds under Cross-Border Program
- » 'Anti-Begging' Campaign in Sweden Sparks Outrage