At Least 19 Perish in Egypt Train Crash
Train cars filled with Egyptian security force recruits hopped the tracks and crashed in Giza early Tuesday, killing at least 19 people and injuring some 107 others.
The train was en route from southern Egypt to a military camp in Cairo, when it derailed in the Giza neighborhood of Badrashin.
The partial derailment happened after two cars separated from the rest of the train, CNN informs, citing Egyptian media.
Deadly train crashes are not uncommon in Egypt. The worst railway accident in Egypt took place in 2002, when over 360 people were killed in a train fire.
- » New European Commission To Be Voted Wednesday In Strasbourg
- » UK to Send Spy Drones Over Syria in Broadening of Anti-IS Campaign
- » Turkey Adopts Tough Measures Against Violation of Public Order
- » Russian State Telecom To Launch Counterpart of Skype
- » Russia 'Offered Poland Part of Ukraine' - Former FM
- » Russia to Ban Import of Animal Fat, Meat Byproducts from EU