Varna Traffic Police Head Dismissed for Disgraceful Conduct
Valery Borisov, Director of the Varna Traffic Police, has been dismissed, according to reports of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
One of the reasons for Borisov's dismissal is accusations of eroding the reputation of the Interior Ministry, according to information from the institution's press office.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, Borisov used his public official card to fill up his personal vehicle with free gasoline and also used the official state car to travel to a private property outside town.
Borisov was dismissed Monday and a replacement was not appointed immediately.
- » 3460 Vehicles Were Stolen in Bulgaria in 2015
- » Bulgarian Authorities Bust Migrant Smuggling Ring
- » Bulgaria Reveals Names of Suspected Attackers of Alexei Petrov
- » Crime Rate in Bulgaria Decreased by 4.5 % in 2015 - Interior Minister
- » Bulgarian Captain 'Found Dead' near Vienna
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Alleged Mastermind of Attack on Ex-Security Agent