Varna Traffic Police Head Dismissed for Disgraceful Conduct
Valery Borisov, Director of the Varna Traffic Police, has been dismissed, according to reports of the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
One of the reasons for Borisov's dismissal is accusations of eroding the reputation of the Interior Ministry, according to information from the institution's press office.
According to reports of the BGNES news agency, Borisov used his public official card to fill up his personal vehicle with free gasoline and also used the official state car to travel to a private property outside town.
Borisov was dismissed Monday and a replacement was not appointed immediately.
- » Regional Environment Inspectorate Head Arrested for Soliciting Bribe
- » Chief of Police in Bulgaria's Smolyan Removed from Office
- » Oscar Pistorius Gets 5 Years In Jail For Killing His Girlfriend
- » Bulgarian Customs Apprehend 5 M Fake Russian Excise Labels
- » Bulgarian Court Rejects Kobliakov Extradition Request from Russia
- » Bulgaria Court to Sit on 'Putin Opponent' Extradition