Prince William, Kate's Royal Baby Due in July
Britain's royal family are looking forward to a summer surprise: The Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William's baby is due in July, the couple has announced.
"Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," St. James's Palace said in a statement Monday.
The couple was forced to reveal Catherine's pregnancy earlier than planned last month when she was hospitalized for several days suffering from acute morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum.
News of the expected baby sent royal watchers and the UK media into a frenzy of speculation about due dates, whether the eagerly-awaited child is a boy or a girl, and what he or she will look like.
The duchess's illness has forced her to pull out of several public events in recent weeks, but she was at London's National Portrait Gallery on Friday for the unveiling of her first official portrait.
On Monday, St. James's Palace said "the duchess's condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital."
- » Greece Said to Be Seeking Gas Price Cut, Lifting of Food Ban from Russia
- » British Parliament Dissolved as Election Campaign Begins
- » Romanian President Appoints New Finance Minister
- » Iran Nuclear Program Talks in Switzerland Intensify
- » Former Israeli PM Convicted in Corruption Retrial
- » Investigation Isolates DNA from 78 Victims of Germanwings Plane Crash