Prince William, Kate's Royal Baby Due in July
Britain's royal family are looking forward to a summer surprise: The Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William's baby is due in July, the couple has announced.
"Their Royal Highnesses the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July," St. James's Palace said in a statement Monday.
The couple was forced to reveal Catherine's pregnancy earlier than planned last month when she was hospitalized for several days suffering from acute morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum.
News of the expected baby sent royal watchers and the UK media into a frenzy of speculation about due dates, whether the eagerly-awaited child is a boy or a girl, and what he or she will look like.
The duchess's illness has forced her to pull out of several public events in recent weeks, but she was at London's National Portrait Gallery on Friday for the unveiling of her first official portrait.
On Monday, St. James's Palace said "the duchess's condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital."
- » UK Publishes More EU Negotiation Plans
- » French Presidency Gives Official Role to Brigitte Macron
- » The Romanina Coastal Guard Detained a Boat Carrying 70 Refugees
- » Moroccan Imam at Centre of Spain Terror Cell Had Links with Madrid Bombers and Belgium
- » Turkey and Iran are Planning an Attack on Kurds
- » US to Curb Issuance of Non-Immigrant Visas in Russia