Bulgaria's Martin Petrov Set to Sign with Espanyol
Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov is in Barcelona, where he is about to sign a contract with local club Espanyol until the end of the season.
The 33-year-old former Bulgaria international will have an option to extend the contract for one more year, according to reports.
"We've got to face the facts. Martin is in the latter years of his career and earns a lot of money at this club," Bolton manager Dougie Freedman has commented on the move, as cited by the BBC.
Petrov joined Bolton Wanderers from Manchester City in the summer of 2010 and has made 85 appearances for the club, scoring 12 goals.
Petrov worked with Espanyol coach Javier Aguirre during his successful stay at Atletico Madrid (2005-2007).
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday
- » Tennis: Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Faces Serbia’s Troicki in Paris Sunday
- » Poll Names Bulgaria's Dimitrov 'Most Overrated Tennis Player'
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses 1 More Spot in Tennis Ranking
- » Ludogorets Claims Fifth Consecutive Championship Title in Bulgaria