Bulgaria's Martin Petrov Set to Sign with Espanyol
Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov is in Barcelona, where he is about to sign a contract with local club Espanyol until the end of the season.
The 33-year-old former Bulgaria international will have an option to extend the contract for one more year, according to reports.
"We've got to face the facts. Martin is in the latter years of his career and earns a lot of money at this club," Bolton manager Dougie Freedman has commented on the move, as cited by the BBC.
Petrov joined Bolton Wanderers from Manchester City in the summer of 2010 and has made 85 appearances for the club, scoring 12 goals.
Petrov worked with Espanyol coach Javier Aguirre during his successful stay at Atletico Madrid (2005-2007).
- » Bulgarian Appointed as Coach of Maldives National Football Team
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Loses to Andy Murray in Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Baghdatis, Reaches Australian Open 1/8 Finals
- » Bulgaria's Tsvetana Pironkova Crashes Out of Australian Open
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Proceeds to Third Round in Melbourne
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Defeats Heather Watson in Australian Open First Round