North Korea Said to Be Planning Nuclear Test
North Korea's Foreign Ministry declared in a memorandum Monday that the country will "continue to strengthen its deterrence against all forms of war".
The memorandum, carried by state media, did not specify what action North Korea would take to defend itself. However, the country has claimed the right to build atomic weapons to protect itself from the United States.
The memorandum comes amid concerns that North Korea may be preparing for a nuclear test.
According to South Korea's Joongang Ilbo Daily, a North Korean official has said in Beijing that Pyongyang plans to carry out a nuclear test between January 13 and January 20.
North Korea fired an Unha-3 missile December 12, against the outcry of the international community, including China and Russia.
- » Ukrainian Govt Prepares Amnesty Bill
- » Sunken South Korean Ferry Death Toll at 28
- » Ukrainian Parliament Recommends Resumption Of Mandatory Conscription
- » Putin Admits “Little Green Men” in Crimea Were Russian Troops
- » Two Thirds of Rebel Fighters In Syria Are European Citizens
- » Putin Considers Ukrainians, Russians 'Same People'