North Korea Said to Be Planning Nuclear Test
North Korea's Foreign Ministry declared in a memorandum Monday that the country will "continue to strengthen its deterrence against all forms of war".
The memorandum, carried by state media, did not specify what action North Korea would take to defend itself. However, the country has claimed the right to build atomic weapons to protect itself from the United States.
The memorandum comes amid concerns that North Korea may be preparing for a nuclear test.
According to South Korea's Joongang Ilbo Daily, a North Korean official has said in Beijing that Pyongyang plans to carry out a nuclear test between January 13 and January 20.
North Korea fired an Unha-3 missile December 12, against the outcry of the international community, including China and Russia.
- » Russia 'Not EU's Strategic Partner Anymore' - Mogherini
- » Turkey Summons US Charge d'Affaires over Spying Report
- » Ukraine Soldiers, Rebels Clash at Luhansk Airport
- » Five Killed in Plane Crash in US Colorado
- » EU Leaders Give Russia 7 Days to Reverse Course in Ukraine or Face New Sanctions
- » NATO to Set up 10,000-Strong Force in Response to Ukraine Crisis