North Korea Said to Be Planning Nuclear Test
North Korea's Foreign Ministry declared in a memorandum Monday that the country will "continue to strengthen its deterrence against all forms of war".
The memorandum, carried by state media, did not specify what action North Korea would take to defend itself. However, the country has claimed the right to build atomic weapons to protect itself from the United States.
The memorandum comes amid concerns that North Korea may be preparing for a nuclear test.
According to South Korea's Joongang Ilbo Daily, a North Korean official has said in Beijing that Pyongyang plans to carry out a nuclear test between January 13 and January 20.
North Korea fired an Unha-3 missile December 12, against the outcry of the international community, including China and Russia.
- » Moldova Joins EU’s CESEC Gas Connectivity Initiative
- » Two Mines Fall on Site of Russian Embassy Compound in Damascus, No One Injured
- » MH17 Hit by Russian-Made Buk Missile - Dutch Report
- » Israel Attacks Leave at Least 2 Dead, Many Wounded
- » EU Ready to Temporarily Lift Belarus Sanctions
- » Dutch Safety Board to Publish Final Report on MH17 Disaster