Bulgarian Wins Close to USD 2 M at Poker Tournament
Bulgarian poker pro from the second largest city of Plovdiv, Dimitar Danchev has won the 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure.
The tournament is the second most prestigious in the world.
Danchev won the UDS 10 300 no-limit hold'em main event (participation fee), earning the fantastic USD 1 859 000 and 2 280 Card Player of the Year points.
The 26-year-old endured a competition of 987 entrants in the 10th anniversary running of the PCA at the Atlantis Resort and Casino in The Bahamas, increasing his lifetime tournament earnings to just under USD 2.9 M.
This is the most successful all time performance of a Bulgarian poker pro.
In 2012, Danchev managed to reach the finals in a similarly prestigious tournament, but lost and earned "just" EUR 600 000.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Makes It Past Wimbledon's 1st Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Starts in Wimbledon on Monday
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Bjorn Fratangelo at Wimbledon
- » Bulgaria's Stiliyan Petrov to Join Aston Villa for Pre-season Training
- » Bulgaria's Rhythmic Gymnastics Athlete Undergoes Successful Spine Surgery
- » Bulgarian Olympic Medalist Will Not Box at Rio Olympics