Bulgarian Wins Close to USD 2 M at Poker Tournament
Bulgarian poker pro from the second largest city of Plovdiv, Dimitar Danchev has won the 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure.
The tournament is the second most prestigious in the world.
Danchev won the UDS 10 300 no-limit hold'em main event (participation fee), earning the fantastic USD 1 859 000 and 2 280 Card Player of the Year points.
The 26-year-old endured a competition of 987 entrants in the 10th anniversary running of the PCA at the Atlantis Resort and Casino in The Bahamas, increasing his lifetime tournament earnings to just under USD 2.9 M.
This is the most successful all time performance of a Bulgarian poker pro.
In 2012, Danchev managed to reach the finals in a similarly prestigious tournament, but lost and earned "just" EUR 600 000.
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup
- » Bulgaria Drops to 75th Place in FIFA Ranking