Bulgarian Wins Close to USD 2 M at Poker Tournament
Bulgarian poker pro from the second largest city of Plovdiv, Dimitar Danchev has won the 2013 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure.
The tournament is the second most prestigious in the world.
Danchev won the UDS 10 300 no-limit hold'em main event (participation fee), earning the fantastic USD 1 859 000 and 2 280 Card Player of the Year points.
The 26-year-old endured a competition of 987 entrants in the 10th anniversary running of the PCA at the Atlantis Resort and Casino in The Bahamas, increasing his lifetime tournament earnings to just under USD 2.9 M.
This is the most successful all time performance of a Bulgarian poker pro.
In 2012, Danchev managed to reach the finals in a similarly prestigious tournament, but lost and earned "just" EUR 600 000.
- » Bulgarian Goalie Makes It to Europa League Group Stage Best XI
- » Three ex-European Champions Among Possible Ludogorets Opponents
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Finish Europa Group Undefeated
- » Don King to Attend Bulgaria's Pulev Match
- » Bulgaria's Lukoil Akademik Exit Eurocup
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Arrive in Zagreb to Face Dinamo