Chavez 'Fighting for His Life' - Ex-VP
Venezuela's ailing President Hugo Chavez is is "fighting for his life" after cancer surgery in Cuba, former Vice President Elias Jaua has stated.
"The situation is complex and delicate, but it is true that Hugo Chavez has fought and is fighting for his life," Jaua said Sunday, as cited by international media.
Meanwhile, a Venezuelan government statement said that the lung infection afflicting Chavez was controlled and his health was progressing positively, CNN has reported.
Last week, tens of thousands of Venezuelans swore an oath of loyalty to President Hugo Chavez, who missed his inauguration on Thursday due to his condition.
Chavez, 58, has not made a public appearance since his cancer surgery in December.
- » Romanian PM ousted in no-confidence vote
- » Justice minister Francois Bayrou is quitting French government
- » French Police Found Champs Elysees Attacker's Weapons
- » Premier Filip on a Working Visit to Brussels
- » Merkel Ready to Consider Macron Eurozone Reform Ideas
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to London: 'Attack at Finsbury Park Mosque is Defined as Potential Terrorist Attack'