Chavez 'Fighting for His Life' - Ex-VP
Venezuela's ailing President Hugo Chavez is is "fighting for his life" after cancer surgery in Cuba, former Vice President Elias Jaua has stated.
"The situation is complex and delicate, but it is true that Hugo Chavez has fought and is fighting for his life," Jaua said Sunday, as cited by international media.
Meanwhile, a Venezuelan government statement said that the lung infection afflicting Chavez was controlled and his health was progressing positively, CNN has reported.
Last week, tens of thousands of Venezuelans swore an oath of loyalty to President Hugo Chavez, who missed his inauguration on Thursday due to his condition.
Chavez, 58, has not made a public appearance since his cancer surgery in December.
- » Trial Starts in Turkey Against 47 People Accused of Attempting To Kill Erdogan
- » EU Grants EUR 18 M in Humanitarian Aid for Ukraine
- » New Ceasefire Agreement To Enter Into Force in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Pays EUR 1 M for Court of Human Rights Verdicts
- » Putin Allows Recognition of Passports from Donetsk, Luhansk 'Republics'
- » Schulz Overtakes on Merkel in Chancellor Race by Big Margin - Poll