Chavez 'Fighting for His Life' - Ex-VP
Venezuela's ailing President Hugo Chavez is is "fighting for his life" after cancer surgery in Cuba, former Vice President Elias Jaua has stated.
"The situation is complex and delicate, but it is true that Hugo Chavez has fought and is fighting for his life," Jaua said Sunday, as cited by international media.
Meanwhile, a Venezuelan government statement said that the lung infection afflicting Chavez was controlled and his health was progressing positively, CNN has reported.
Last week, tens of thousands of Venezuelans swore an oath of loyalty to President Hugo Chavez, who missed his inauguration on Thursday due to his condition.
Chavez, 58, has not made a public appearance since his cancer surgery in December.
- » Pope Francis to Visit Sarajevo in June
- » OSCE Calls for Immediate Ceasefire as Situation in Ukraine Deteriorates
- » Italian Parliament Elects President at Fourth Attempt
- » Greek FinMin Dismisses Further Negotiations with Troika
- » EU Moves to Extend Russia Sanctions over Ukraine
- » Russia Suspends Its Participation in PACE Until End of Year