Chavez 'Fighting for His Life' - Ex-VP
Venezuela's ailing President Hugo Chavez is is "fighting for his life" after cancer surgery in Cuba, former Vice President Elias Jaua has stated.
"The situation is complex and delicate, but it is true that Hugo Chavez has fought and is fighting for his life," Jaua said Sunday, as cited by international media.
Meanwhile, a Venezuelan government statement said that the lung infection afflicting Chavez was controlled and his health was progressing positively, CNN has reported.
Last week, tens of thousands of Venezuelans swore an oath of loyalty to President Hugo Chavez, who missed his inauguration on Thursday due to his condition.
Chavez, 58, has not made a public appearance since his cancer surgery in December.
- » Victor Ponta Set to Win First Round of Romanian Presidential Race
- » Germany Introduces Road Toll of up to EUR 130 for Foreign Drivers
- » Hungary Drops Draft Internet Tax Bill After Protests
- » Bulgaria Drops in Anti-Bribery Enforcement Ranking - Report
- » Sweden Recognizes Palestinian State
- » Turkey’s Q3 Tourism Revenue Rises 11% Y/Y