Chavez 'Fighting for His Life' - Ex-VP
Venezuela's ailing President Hugo Chavez is is "fighting for his life" after cancer surgery in Cuba, former Vice President Elias Jaua has stated.
"The situation is complex and delicate, but it is true that Hugo Chavez has fought and is fighting for his life," Jaua said Sunday, as cited by international media.
Meanwhile, a Venezuelan government statement said that the lung infection afflicting Chavez was controlled and his health was progressing positively, CNN has reported.
Last week, tens of thousands of Venezuelans swore an oath of loyalty to President Hugo Chavez, who missed his inauguration on Thursday due to his condition.
Chavez, 58, has not made a public appearance since his cancer surgery in December.
- » Hungarian PM Orban: EU Must Build Giant City for Refugees in Libya
- » Bulgarian Historical Museum To Restore Kaimakchalan Monument
- » Desecrated Bulgarian Memorial Plaque 'Was Illegal', Skopje Says
- » Macedonia's PM 'Promised to React' on Bulgarian Monument Desecration
- » Turkey Raises Concerns over US Arming of Syrian Kurds
- » EU Council Head Calls for Stricter External Border Control