Bulgaria's Dimitrov, Pironkova Crash Out of Australian Open
Bulgaria woke up to disappointing tennis news Monday, as both Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova were defeated in the first round of the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
Dimitrov had no answer to Frenchman Julien Benneteau, who easily beat him 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 and moved on to the second round.
Switzerland's Romina Oprandi defeated Pironkova 4-6 7-5 6-2. The Bulgarian had not lost a first round game in her previous 10 Grand Slam events.
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium
- » Bulgaria Defeats Hungary, Latvia in Fed Cup
- » Bulgaria Drops to 75th Place in FIFA Ranking
- » Germany's Lothar Matthaus to Come to Sofia for Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » ATP: Hard Work Behind Sofia Open Starting to Pay off