Bulgaria's Dimitrov, Pironkova Crash Out of Australian Open
Bulgaria woke up to disappointing tennis news Monday, as both Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova were defeated in the first round of the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
Dimitrov had no answer to Frenchman Julien Benneteau, who easily beat him 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 and moved on to the second round.
Switzerland's Romina Oprandi defeated Pironkova 4-6 7-5 6-2. The Bulgarian had not lost a first round game in her previous 10 Grand Slam events.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beat David Goffin in Quarter-finals
- » Breaking News: Arsen Wenger is Leaving Arsenal at the End of the Season
- » Grigor Dimitrov Reached the Quarter-finals in Monte Carlo
- » Dimitrov through in Monte Carlo
- » PSG are Ligue 1 Champions!
- » Manchester City are the New Premier League Champions