Bulgaria's Dimitrov, Pironkova Crash Out of Australian Open
Bulgaria woke up to disappointing tennis news Monday, as both Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova were defeated in the first round of the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
Dimitrov had no answer to Frenchman Julien Benneteau, who easily beat him 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 and moved on to the second round.
Switzerland's Romina Oprandi defeated Pironkova 4-6 7-5 6-2. The Bulgarian had not lost a first round game in her previous 10 Grand Slam events.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris