Bulgaria's Dimitrov, Pironkova Crash Out of Australian Open
Bulgaria woke up to disappointing tennis news Monday, as both Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova were defeated in the first round of the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
Dimitrov had no answer to Frenchman Julien Benneteau, who easily beat him 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 and moved on to the second round.
Switzerland's Romina Oprandi defeated Pironkova 4-6 7-5 6-2. The Bulgarian had not lost a first round game in her previous 10 Grand Slam events.
- » Bulgarian rhythmic Gymnastics Captain: We played like lions
- » Bulgaria with Bronze Medal after Impressive Performance in Rio Rhythmic Gymnastics
- » Dimitrov defeated by Cilic at Cincinnati Masters
- » Mirela Demireva Brings Home Silver Medal for Bulgaria in Rio Olympics
- » Bulgaria's Nevyana Vladinova Scores 7th in first ever Olympic Finals
- » Bulgaria with seventh score at rhythmic gymnastics all-round event qualifications in Rio