Bulgaria's Dimitrov, Pironkova Crash Out of Australian Open
Bulgaria woke up to disappointing tennis news Monday, as both Grigor Dimitrov and Tsvetana Pironkova were defeated in the first round of the Australian Open Grand Slam tournament.
Dimitrov had no answer to Frenchman Julien Benneteau, who easily beat him 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 and moved on to the second round.
Switzerland's Romina Oprandi defeated Pironkova 4-6 7-5 6-2. The Bulgarian had not lost a first round game in her previous 10 Grand Slam events.
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Quarterfinals in Moscow
- » Grigor Dimitrov Qualifies For Quarter Finals Of If Stockholm Open
- » Boxer Kubrat Pulev Feeling Stronger As Match with Wladimir Klitschko Postoponed