Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Save Skiers from Avalanche
Three skiers trapped by an avalanche have been retrieved by the Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Service Sunday.
The three have sustained fractures, but are alive and have been hospitalized in Bulgarian capital Sofia.
The incident happened Sunday early afternoon in the region of the famous Seven Rila Lakes in the Rila Mountain.
An avalanche fell from the Haramiyata Peak, trapping the three skiers, ages 30-40.
A nearby hiker alerted the Mountain Rescue Service, and later one of the injured also managed to call rescuers to specify his location.
Rescuers acted with their units in the town of Dupnitsa and the resort of Malyovitsa, with the operation facilitated by a military helicopter.
Rescuers quickly reached the location, working in high winds and a temperature below -10 degrees Centigrade.
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide
- » Personality in the News Awards 2017
- » US Billionaire Philanthropist David Rockefeller Dies at 101
- » Vernal Equinox: First Day of Spring 2017