4,000 In Vitro Babies Born in Bulgaria in 2012
4,000 babies have been born with the help of assisted reproduction procedures in Bulgaria during 2012, according to Bulgaria's Minister of Health Desislava Atanasova.
"The budget for in vitro procedures for 2013 has not decrease and remainsn BGN 15 M," said Atanasova.
The Health Minister added that the Bulgarian government's commitment to assisted reproduction has remained strong and procedures will not change.
The only change in 2013 is that the procedures will be covered by the National Health Insurance Fund, rather than by the Ministry of Health.
Nikolay Lalev, director of the state Assisted Reproduction Fund assured that all administrative procedures and contracts with clinics will be concluded in due time.
- » Bulgaria Has Fifth Largest Share of Obese Children in Europe – WHO
- » Midwife Guilty of Baby Beating Has Worked 7 24-hour Shifts Monthly
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Regularly Worked 24 Hours On Duty
- » Bulgaria Health System Could Perform Much Better, World Bank Says
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert