4,000 In Vitro Babies Born in Bulgaria in 2012
4,000 babies have been born with the help of assisted reproduction procedures in Bulgaria during 2012, according to Bulgaria's Minister of Health Desislava Atanasova.
"The budget for in vitro procedures for 2013 has not decrease and remainsn BGN 15 M," said Atanasova.
The Health Minister added that the Bulgarian government's commitment to assisted reproduction has remained strong and procedures will not change.
The only change in 2013 is that the procedures will be covered by the National Health Insurance Fund, rather than by the Ministry of Health.
Nikolay Lalev, director of the state Assisted Reproduction Fund assured that all administrative procedures and contracts with clinics will be concluded in due time.
- » Hospitals in Bulgaria Use Up to 3 Times More Antibiotics than in Western Europe – Expert
- » Bulgaria to Purchase over 300 New Ambulances with EU Funds
- » Doctors in Bulgaria to Stage Symbolic Protest over New Funding Model
- » Patients Will Need ID Cards to Be Admitted to Hospital in Bulgaria as of April
- » Parliament Committee Approves Glinka Komitov as New Head of State Health Insurance Fund
- » Bulgaria Spends Most Funds Allocated to Healthcare on Hospitals