4,000 In Vitro Babies Born in Bulgaria in 2012
4,000 babies have been born with the help of assisted reproduction procedures in Bulgaria during 2012, according to Bulgaria's Minister of Health Desislava Atanasova.
"The budget for in vitro procedures for 2013 has not decrease and remainsn BGN 15 M," said Atanasova.
The Health Minister added that the Bulgarian government's commitment to assisted reproduction has remained strong and procedures will not change.
The only change in 2013 is that the procedures will be covered by the National Health Insurance Fund, rather than by the Ministry of Health.
Nikolay Lalev, director of the state Assisted Reproduction Fund assured that all administrative procedures and contracts with clinics will be concluded in due time.
- » Health Authorities Step Up Food and Water Safety Inspections at Seaside Resorts
- » Cyberknife is Now Operational at Hospital in Bulgaria’s Plovdiv
- » Parliament Wants E-Healthcare System in 2 Years
- » Beaches in Varna and Nearby Resorts Already have Medical Teams
- » Konstantin Kachulev: 'E-prescription Introduction Expected to Cost BGN 12M'
- » Emergency hospital Pirogov to Receive as Donation First Ambulance for Newborns and Children in Bulgaria