4,000 In Vitro Babies Born in Bulgaria in 2012
4,000 babies have been born with the help of assisted reproduction procedures in Bulgaria during 2012, according to Bulgaria's Minister of Health Desislava Atanasova.
"The budget for in vitro procedures for 2013 has not decrease and remainsn BGN 15 M," said Atanasova.
The Health Minister added that the Bulgarian government's commitment to assisted reproduction has remained strong and procedures will not change.
The only change in 2013 is that the procedures will be covered by the National Health Insurance Fund, rather than by the Ministry of Health.
Nikolay Lalev, director of the state Assisted Reproduction Fund assured that all administrative procedures and contracts with clinics will be concluded in due time.
- » Salaries in Bulgaria’s Emergency Care Sector to Go Up by 20% as of Jan 2015
- » 3% of Bulgaria’s Population Have No Access to Emergency Medial Service
- » Bulgaria’s Health Minister Proposes to Introduce 'Junk Food' Tax
- » World Bank Said to Be Urging Bulgaria to Cut VAT on Drugs
- » Bathing Ban at Central Beach of Bulgaria's Lozenets Remains in Force
- » Health Authorities Temporarily Ban Bathing on Central Beach in Bulgaria's Lozenets