Femen Get Naked for Gay Rights in Vatican
Activists from the rights group Femen undressed in front of Pope Benedict XVI during Sunday mass in the Vatican to protest against the Catholic Church's stance towards gay people.
The four female activists from the Ukrainian movement turned up in front of the Christmas Tree in the St. Peter square in Rome and got naked as the pope appeared for the morning prayer.
Their bodies had the slogan "In Gay We Trust" inscribed on them.
Police apprehended them only minutes after they undressed.
Rights group Femen rose to fame in 2010, after staging a string of naked actions in Ukraine and Russia criticising corruption and lack of democracy.
This is not the first time that Femen stages a topless action against the Pope, as in November activists undressed for women's rights.
- » Kazakhstan Bans Petrol, Diesel Imports from Russia for 45 Days
- » Ukraine Secures Russian Gas Supplies for Another Five Days, Gazprom Says
- » Turkey's Diyarbakir Base on High Alert amid Mosul Retake Pledge
- » US Ambassador to South Korea Slashed by Attacker
- » EU States Agree to Put Off End to Mobile Roaming Charges Until 2018
- » Juncker, Merkel Play Down Talk of Third Greek Bailout
These and all gay activists who want the Christian church to meet their demands should first read the Bible to see why this cannot be. If Christians do not trust the Bible as the word of God then they have nothing are are nothing. Simple fact, maybe hard to accept but a fact. Maybe they should start off their own movement that the can tailor make to their own beliefs rather than trying to hijack beliefs held dear by others. Fact is these activists are really anti-Christian and just want to detract the church from its grand commission - to preach, teach and minister.