Bomb Threat Disrupts Bulgarian Right Wing Summit
A bomb alert has disrupted Saturday the conference of Bulgaria's right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, DSB.
The Festival and Congress Center in the Black Sea city of Varna has received a bomb threat during the DSB forum which was to give the start of their election campaign.
The threat prompted the closure of the facility and the evacuation of delegates and employees.
The call has been placed on the emergency 112 hotline with a male voice alerting about homemade explosives inside the building.
This is the third bomb threat against the Festival Complex in Varna in one week.
Police and a police bomb squad searched the premises both on Wednesday and Friday, when the calls were received, but did not find any explosives. The perpetrator remains unknown.
An increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia and several other major Bulgarian cities was registered in the last few months. On Monday, two schools in the capital were closed and students evacuated after receiving bomb threats at the very first school day for 2013.
No traces of explosives have been found in any of these cases.
- » Iraqi Woman Tried to Enter Romania with a Passport Bought in Bulgaria
- » Father Slaughtered his Son in Novi Han
- » Prosecutor Office to Reveal Details of the Case with the Detained Policemen in Rakovski
- » Policemen were Arrested in Rakovski
- » Kidnapped Salvadorian Journalist was Found Dead
- » Two People were Detained in London on Suspicion of Preparing an Attack