Bomb Threat Disrupts Bulgarian Right Wing Summit
A bomb alert has disrupted Saturday the conference of Bulgaria's right-wing Democrats for Strong Bulgaria party, DSB.
The Festival and Congress Center in the Black Sea city of Varna has received a bomb threat during the DSB forum which was to give the start of their election campaign.
The threat prompted the closure of the facility and the evacuation of delegates and employees.
The call has been placed on the emergency 112 hotline with a male voice alerting about homemade explosives inside the building.
This is the third bomb threat against the Festival Complex in Varna in one week.
Police and a police bomb squad searched the premises both on Wednesday and Friday, when the calls were received, but did not find any explosives. The perpetrator remains unknown.
An increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia and several other major Bulgarian cities was registered in the last few months. On Monday, two schools in the capital were closed and students evacuated after receiving bomb threats at the very first school day for 2013.
No traces of explosives have been found in any of these cases.
- » Bulgaria Govt Confirms Arrest of French National en Route to Turkey
- » French National Detained in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Reports Successful Operation Against Cigarette Smugglers
- » Sarafovo Attack: Bulgarian Court Fails to Launch Trial
- » Bulgarian-Australian National Detained over Terrorism 'Sympathized with IS'
- » Syrian Man Shot Near Central Sofia 'Involved in People Smuggling'