Bulgarian FinMin Proposes to Up PM's Salary by BGN 5000
Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, wants a monthly salary of BGN 8 8 000 for the Prime Minister, the President and the Speaker of the Parliament.
The proposal has been written in a Bill of the Ministry of Finances, the Bulgarian Pressa (Press) daily reports.
Djankov further asks for a significant increase of the salaries of the Deputy Prime Ministers and the Vice President, which are to reach between BGN 5 000 and BGN 6 000 a month.
Officials from the Finance Ministry are quoted saying that the new salaries will become effective as soon as August 2012.
PM, Boyko Borisov, currently gets BGN 3 403 a month and if Djankov's proposal materializes, the salary of the country leader is to go up by the significant for Bulgaria amount of nearly BGN 5 000.
- » EU Bank Watchdog Urges Bulgaria to Ensure Instant Access to KTB Deposits
- » Conservators at Bulgaria’s Corpbank Submit Audit Report
- » Finance Ministry Reopens 10.5-Year Issue of BGN-Denominated Govt Securities
- » Tsvetan Vasilev: BNB Not Willing to Discuss Options to Restructure Corpbank
- » Russian Bank To Acquire Bank Victoria?
- » Bulgaria Posts EU's Largest Annual Deflation Rate in September