Bulgarian FinMin Proposes to Up PM's Salary by BGN 5000
Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov, wants a monthly salary of BGN 8 8 000 for the Prime Minister, the President and the Speaker of the Parliament.
The proposal has been written in a Bill of the Ministry of Finances, the Bulgarian Pressa (Press) daily reports.
Djankov further asks for a significant increase of the salaries of the Deputy Prime Ministers and the Vice President, which are to reach between BGN 5 000 and BGN 6 000 a month.
Officials from the Finance Ministry are quoted saying that the new salaries will become effective as soon as August 2012.
PM, Boyko Borisov, currently gets BGN 3 403 a month and if Djankov's proposal materializes, the salary of the country leader is to go up by the significant for Bulgaria amount of nearly BGN 5 000.
- » FinMin: Bulgaria Realises Its Unpreparedness for Euro
- » Finance Minister Expects Bulgaria to Record Surplus in January
- » Banker Levon Hampartzoumian: Greek Banks In Bulgaria are Safe
- » Dimitar Kostov Nominated to Head Bulgaria's C-Bank Supervision Dept
- » Illegal Trade in Fuels Costs Bulgaria Over BGN 1 B
- » Deputy Governor of Bulgarian National Bank Dismissed by Parliament