Gunpowder Residue Found on Hands of Sofia Massacre Suspect
Gunpowder residue has been found on the hands of 55-year-old Vasil Savov, who allegedly murdered his wife, his two sons and his mother-in-low before committing suicide in his apartment in Sofia.
Police are still investigating the family bloodbath that shocked the Bulgarian capital on Friday.
A Bulgarian couple, their two grown-up sons and grandmother were found dead in a Sofia apartment late on Thursday with multiple wounds.
The father, Vasil Savov, had a gunshot entry wound on his forehead. His 54-year-old wife, 21-year-old son and 79-year-old mother-in-law had gunshot entry wounds on the back of their necks. The older son, 27-year-old Vladimir, was stabbed and had no gunshot wounds
Initial reports had pointed towards Vladimir, who is believed to have had psychiatric problems, as the suspect.
- » Homemade Bomb Goes Off near Sofia Court House
- » Crime, Tax Fraud Drained USD 2.5 B from Bulgaria in 2002-2011
- » Bulgarian Town Hall Raided by Police
- » Bulgarian Disco Club Double Murderer Could be Hiding in UK
- » Bulgarian Foreign Ministry Computers Hacked by China - Report
- » Sofia Court to Review 'Cocaine King' Extradition to Romania