Gunpowder Residue Found on Hands of Sofia Massacre Suspect
Gunpowder residue has been found on the hands of 55-year-old Vasil Savov, who allegedly murdered his wife, his two sons and his mother-in-low before committing suicide in his apartment in Sofia.
Police are still investigating the family bloodbath that shocked the Bulgarian capital on Friday.
A Bulgarian couple, their two grown-up sons and grandmother were found dead in a Sofia apartment late on Thursday with multiple wounds.
The father, Vasil Savov, had a gunshot entry wound on his forehead. His 54-year-old wife, 21-year-old son and 79-year-old mother-in-law had gunshot entry wounds on the back of their necks. The older son, 27-year-old Vladimir, was stabbed and had no gunshot wounds
Initial reports had pointed towards Vladimir, who is believed to have had psychiatric problems, as the suspect.
- » 8 People, incl Ex Court Chairs, Deputy Chairs, Charged over Irregularities in EU-Funded Project
- » Russian Consulate in Bulgaria to Assist in 'Suitcase Murder' Probe
- » Bulgarian Police Arrest 13 Customs Officers
- » Seven Arrested in Bulgaria’s Pazardzhik, Plovdiv for Preaching Radical Islam on Facebook
- » Bulgarian Living in US Detained over Death Threats on EU Officials
- » Ex Svilengrad Customs Office Chief Released on Bail