Gunpowder Residue Found on Hands of Sofia Massacre Suspect
Gunpowder residue has been found on the hands of 55-year-old Vasil Savov, who allegedly murdered his wife, his two sons and his mother-in-low before committing suicide in his apartment in Sofia.
Police are still investigating the family bloodbath that shocked the Bulgarian capital on Friday.
A Bulgarian couple, their two grown-up sons and grandmother were found dead in a Sofia apartment late on Thursday with multiple wounds.
The father, Vasil Savov, had a gunshot entry wound on his forehead. His 54-year-old wife, 21-year-old son and 79-year-old mother-in-law had gunshot entry wounds on the back of their necks. The older son, 27-year-old Vladimir, was stabbed and had no gunshot wounds
Initial reports had pointed towards Vladimir, who is believed to have had psychiatric problems, as the suspect.
- » BGN 8M Drained by Credit Card Skimmers in 2013
- » Court Halts 'Lost Files' Trial Against Bulgarian ex-Socialist Leader
- » US to Extradite to Bulgaria Convicted Human Smuggler
- » Four Bulgarians Busted in Greece for Fake Money Distribution
- » 44-Year-Old Bulgarian Faces 10 Years in Jail in Austria for Drug Trafficking
- » Police Bust 2 Meth Labs, Cannabis Greenhouse in Sofia