Police: Late British TV Presenter Sexually Abused Hundreds
Britain's late TV presenter and radio host Jimmy Savile sexually abused hundreds of people and carried out more than 30 rapes, according to a police report unveiled on Friday.
Nearly three-quarters of his victims were children, the report said, with the youngest only 8 years old. Most but not all were female.
Some 214 crimes were recorded across 28 police force areas, including 34 of rape or penetration.
Police said the victims' accounts painted a "compelling picture of widespread sexual abuse by a predatory sex offender", BBC informs.
The former BBC presenter of Top Of The Pops and Jim'll Fix It, who also worked as a Radio 1 DJ and received a knighthood in 1990, died aged 84 in October 2011 - a year before allegations against him emerged in an ITV documentary.
- » Turkish President Erdogan Calls on all Muslims to 'Protect' Jerusalem
- » IOM: 120 018 Migrants and Refugees Arrived in Europe Since the Beginning of 2017
- » Polish President Signs Bill Giving Justice Minister Power to Hire Court Heads
- » Experimental Vaccine Against HIV has Promising Results
- » French Police Arrested 150 Migrants at Cannes Station
- » The World’s First Crewless Ship will Launch Next Year