Police: Late British TV Presenter Sexually Abused Hundreds
Britain's late TV presenter and radio host Jimmy Savile sexually abused hundreds of people and carried out more than 30 rapes, according to a police report unveiled on Friday.
Nearly three-quarters of his victims were children, the report said, with the youngest only 8 years old. Most but not all were female.
Some 214 crimes were recorded across 28 police force areas, including 34 of rape or penetration.
Police said the victims' accounts painted a "compelling picture of widespread sexual abuse by a predatory sex offender", BBC informs.
The former BBC presenter of Top Of The Pops and Jim'll Fix It, who also worked as a Radio 1 DJ and received a knighthood in 1990, died aged 84 in October 2011 - a year before allegations against him emerged in an ITV documentary.
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years
- » EU Parliament Approves Union's Budget for 2015
- » Bulgarian, British PMs to Meet During EU Council Summit
- » Greek Parliament Fails to Elect President in First Round