Police: Late British TV Presenter Sexually Abused Hundreds
Britain's late TV presenter and radio host Jimmy Savile sexually abused hundreds of people and carried out more than 30 rapes, according to a police report unveiled on Friday.
Nearly three-quarters of his victims were children, the report said, with the youngest only 8 years old. Most but not all were female.
Some 214 crimes were recorded across 28 police force areas, including 34 of rape or penetration.
Police said the victims' accounts painted a "compelling picture of widespread sexual abuse by a predatory sex offender", BBC informs.
The former BBC presenter of Top Of The Pops and Jim'll Fix It, who also worked as a Radio 1 DJ and received a knighthood in 1990, died aged 84 in October 2011 - a year before allegations against him emerged in an ITV documentary.
- » Bulgaria FM: EU 'to Launch Proceedings' against Greece over Border Blockade
- » Greece Giving 'No Information' on Border Blockade Hours
- » Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
- » Russia Detains Suspected IS Cell Plotting Attacks in Moscow, St. Petersburg
- » Ilinden Crossing on Bulgaria-Greece Border Expected to Reopen at 10 p.m. Monday
- » IOM: Migrant Arrivals to Europe Likely to Exceed One Million in 2016