Police: Late British TV Presenter Sexually Abused Hundreds
Britain's late TV presenter and radio host Jimmy Savile sexually abused hundreds of people and carried out more than 30 rapes, according to a police report unveiled on Friday.
Nearly three-quarters of his victims were children, the report said, with the youngest only 8 years old. Most but not all were female.
Some 214 crimes were recorded across 28 police force areas, including 34 of rape or penetration.
Police said the victims' accounts painted a "compelling picture of widespread sexual abuse by a predatory sex offender", BBC informs.
The former BBC presenter of Top Of The Pops and Jim'll Fix It, who also worked as a Radio 1 DJ and received a knighthood in 1990, died aged 84 in October 2011 - a year before allegations against him emerged in an ITV documentary.
- » Fifteen Children and Two Women were Killed in an Air Strike in Eastern Ghouta
- » The European Elections will be Held Between 23 and 26 May Next Year
- » Self-Driving Uber Car Kills Pedestrian in Arizona, She was to Blame for the Crash (Updated)
- » Revolution: Women in Saudi Arabia will Choose how to Dress Themselves
- » EU Municipalities Today Are Applying For Wireless Internet Financing
- » Nicolas Sarkozy is Taken for Questioning in Relation to Investigation into the Funding of his Election Campaign