Levski Joins Gazprom's Football Empire - Report
Bulgarian football club Levski Sofia has signed a sponsorship deal with Russian energy giant Gazprom, according to a Bulgarian media report.
The deal was signed during Levski president Todor Batkov's trip to Russia in December, the 24 Chasa daily says.
The paper has reported that negotiations are still going on concerning Gazprom's potential involvement in the construction of Levski's new stadium.
Gazprom may also help Levski renovate its stadium, Georgi Asparuhov, which could be renamed to Gazprom Arena.
Besides owning Russian team Zenit St Petersburg, the Russian gas company also sponsors Schalke and Red Star Belgrade and recently agreed a commercial deal with Chelsea.
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Concludes Season with Defeat in Paris