Levski Joins Gazprom's Football Empire - Report
Bulgarian football club Levski Sofia has signed a sponsorship deal with Russian energy giant Gazprom, according to a Bulgarian media report.
The deal was signed during Levski president Todor Batkov's trip to Russia in December, the 24 Chasa daily says.
The paper has reported that negotiations are still going on concerning Gazprom's potential involvement in the construction of Levski's new stadium.
Gazprom may also help Levski renovate its stadium, Georgi Asparuhov, which could be renamed to Gazprom Arena.
Besides owning Russian team Zenit St Petersburg, the Russian gas company also sponsors Schalke and Red Star Belgrade and recently agreed a commercial deal with Chelsea.
- » CSKA Sofia Eliminated Ludogorets in the Bulgarian Cup Competition
- » Dimitrov Dive Volley Named Masters 1000 Golden Hot Shot (Video)
- » Ludogorets Faces Milan in the 1/16-finals of the Europa League
- » Borussia Dortmund Changed Coach after Eighth Game without Victory
- » Champions League Draw, Round of 16
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Become Part of the World Team Against Australia