Depardieu Now Invited to Become Communist
Russia's Communist Partyhas invited French actor and tax exile Gerard Depardieu to join its ranks, it emerged on Friday.
"Yes, today I wrote an official letter to Depardieu in France inviting him to join the KPRF. ... I think he has great respect for his father, who was a member of the Communist Party, and would share his position," the party's First Secretary Valery Rashkin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Ironically, Depardieu left France as a sign of protest against the imposition of a 75 percent tax on the wealthiest earners by Socialist President Francois Hollande.
Russia's President Vladimir Putin personally gave French film star Gerard Depardieu his new Russian passport last week.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot