Depardieu Now Invited to Become Communist
Russia's Communist Partyhas invited French actor and tax exile Gerard Depardieu to join its ranks, it emerged on Friday.
"Yes, today I wrote an official letter to Depardieu in France inviting him to join the KPRF. ... I think he has great respect for his father, who was a member of the Communist Party, and would share his position," the party's First Secretary Valery Rashkin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Ironically, Depardieu left France as a sign of protest against the imposition of a 75 percent tax on the wealthiest earners by Socialist President Francois Hollande.
Russia's President Vladimir Putin personally gave French film star Gerard Depardieu his new Russian passport last week.
- » Tsipras Ready to Submit Resignation Following Greek Referendum Results
- » Greece Confirms It Won't Pay EUR 1.6 B in Debt to IMF Tuesday
- » Greece’s Vote on Bailout Proposal: ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to Eurozone Membership
- » Reuters: Banks in Greece’s Balkan Neighbours Operating as Usual
- » Egypt’s State Prosecutor Dies after Bomb Attack on His Convoy
- » EU Commission Finds Greek Capital Controls ‘Justified’