Depardieu Now Invited to Become Communist
Russia's Communist Partyhas invited French actor and tax exile Gerard Depardieu to join its ranks, it emerged on Friday.
"Yes, today I wrote an official letter to Depardieu in France inviting him to join the KPRF. ... I think he has great respect for his father, who was a member of the Communist Party, and would share his position," the party's First Secretary Valery Rashkin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Ironically, Depardieu left France as a sign of protest against the imposition of a 75 percent tax on the wealthiest earners by Socialist President Francois Hollande.
Russia's President Vladimir Putin personally gave French film star Gerard Depardieu his new Russian passport last week.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years