Depardieu Now Invited to Become Communist
Russia's Communist Partyhas invited French actor and tax exile Gerard Depardieu to join its ranks, it emerged on Friday.
"Yes, today I wrote an official letter to Depardieu in France inviting him to join the KPRF. ... I think he has great respect for his father, who was a member of the Communist Party, and would share his position," the party's First Secretary Valery Rashkin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Ironically, Depardieu left France as a sign of protest against the imposition of a 75 percent tax on the wealthiest earners by Socialist President Francois Hollande.
Russia's President Vladimir Putin personally gave French film star Gerard Depardieu his new Russian passport last week.
- » Russian Aid Convoy Enters Ukraine Despite Protests (Updated)
- » Russian Humanitarian Convoy Enters Ukraine
- » Islamic State 'Holding Up to 20 Westerners' Hostage
- » Turkey’s Ruling Party Names Foreign Minister Davutoglu as New PM
- » Ukrainian President Likely to Dissolve Parliament Next Week
- » US Admits Secret Mission Failed to Free James Foley