Depardieu Now Invited to Become Communist
Russia's Communist Partyhas invited French actor and tax exile Gerard Depardieu to join its ranks, it emerged on Friday.
"Yes, today I wrote an official letter to Depardieu in France inviting him to join the KPRF. ... I think he has great respect for his father, who was a member of the Communist Party, and would share his position," the party's First Secretary Valery Rashkin said, as cited by RIA Novosti.
Ironically, Depardieu left France as a sign of protest against the imposition of a 75 percent tax on the wealthiest earners by Socialist President Francois Hollande.
Russia's President Vladimir Putin personally gave French film star Gerard Depardieu his new Russian passport last week.
- » Billionaire Returns to Presidency in Chile after "a Short Break"
- » Seoul Accused Pyongyang of Stealing Cryptocurrency
- » At Least Eight Victims of an Attack on a Christian Church in Pakistan
- » Gaddafi's Son is Preparing for the Role of President of Libya
- » Four UN Officials were Killed in Nigeria
- » U.N. to Vote Monday on Call for U.S. Jerusalem Decision to be Withdrawn