Father Emerges as Suspect in Sofia Apartment Massacre
Bulgarian police continue investigating the terrifying family bloodbath in the capital Sofia, with a 55-year-old man emerging as a potential suspect for the murder of his wife, his two sons and his mother-in-law.
The former Defense Ministry official may have committed suicide, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov told reporters on Friday, citing preliminary police data. He reminded that the investigation is not over yet.
A Bulgarian couple, their two grown-up sons and grandmother were found dead in a Sofia apartment late on Thursday with multiple knife and gunshot wounds.
The father, Vasil Savov, had a gunshot entry wound on his forehead. His 54-year-old wife, 21-year-old son and 79-year-old mother-in-law had gunshot entry wounds on the back of their necks. The older son, 27-year-old Vladimir, was stabbed and had no gunshot wounds, according to Tsvetanov.
The family's both sons were reported to have had psychiatric problems.
- » Mother Killed her 1-year old Child in Stamboliyski
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Detained a Criminal Group for People Trafficking
- » Two People are in Custody for an Attack of a Man and his Pregnant Girlfriend on Trakia Highway
- » 34 Members of Organized Crime Group were Arrested in Italy
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Found Currency and Gold for BGN 900 000
- » UAE Behind Qatar Hacks