Father Emerges as Suspect in Sofia Apartment Massacre
Bulgarian police continue investigating the terrifying family bloodbath in the capital Sofia, with a 55-year-old man emerging as a potential suspect for the murder of his wife, his two sons and his mother-in-law.
The former Defense Ministry official may have committed suicide, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov told reporters on Friday, citing preliminary police data. He reminded that the investigation is not over yet.
A Bulgarian couple, their two grown-up sons and grandmother were found dead in a Sofia apartment late on Thursday with multiple knife and gunshot wounds.
The father, Vasil Savov, had a gunshot entry wound on his forehead. His 54-year-old wife, 21-year-old son and 79-year-old mother-in-law had gunshot entry wounds on the back of their necks. The older son, 27-year-old Vladimir, was stabbed and had no gunshot wounds, according to Tsvetanov.
The family's both sons were reported to have had psychiatric problems.
- » Italian Tortured Romanian Woman in a Basement for 10 Years (Video)
- » Footballer Martin Petrov Finds over BGN 3 mln Siphoned Off from His Bank Account
- » Three Young Men were Stabbed in Front of a Club in Blagoevgrad
- » A Terrorist Attack in an Iraqi City has taken Dozens of Lives
- » A 45-year-old Man was Found Shot in Sofia
- » CNN: Nigeria Bombing, 50 Killed in Early Morning Attack on Mosque