Bulgaria's Dimitrov Snubs Media over Sharapova Love Affair Rumors
Shrugging off rumors over his relationship with Maria Sharapova, Grigor Dimitrov has made it clear he wants to hit the headlines because of his career, not because of his private life.
Asked in Australia about his relationship with the 25-year-old Russian tennis princess, Dimitrov said: "I never talk about my private life, sorry."
Talk of the new love match sparked after the couple were snapped in Milan late last year.
Meanwhile ESPN's Darren Rovell tweeted on January 5, "Sharapova's boyfriend is currently No. 48 in the world, but has been hyped up as 'Baby Federer.'"
Last year the 21-year-old became a high-profile name at tournaments not only due to his great play, but also because of the crazy obsession over the nature of his relationship with Serena Williams, who was spotted courtside at his matches.
Both he and Sharapova are now believed to be in Melbourne, where Sharapova will launch her lolly range, Sugarpova at Crown Casino.
Journalists however have been asked not to raise any "personal questions".
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal
- » Grigor Dimitrov Nominated For Sportsmanship Award
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Reaches Quarterfinals in Moscow