1st 'Wax' Museum on Balkans to Open in Bulgaria
Bulgaria's old capital and central city of Veliko Tarnovo is ready to open by the end of January the very first "wax" museum on the Balkans.
The museum is dedicated to the Second Bulgarian Kingdom and will showcase 28 natural-height figures made from polyester raisin, wax, silicone, and plaster. Veliko Tarnovo sculptor, Boris Borisov, is the author of the concept.
The initiators believe the museum could turn their city into a leading tourist destination in Europe.
The figures include powerful Bulgarian rulers such as Tsars Kaloyan and Ivan Asen II, queens, captured crusaders, nobles, soldiers, and patriarchs.
The museum "Tsarevgrad Tarnov" is located at the foot of the "Tsarevets" fortress in a two-story building on "Nikola Piccolo" street in downtown Veliko Tarnovo. Its construction is part of the project for improving tourist attractions and their infrastructure in the Veliko Tarnovo municipality. The construction cost is estimated at BGN 6.8 M while the interior with the display will cost BGN 0.5 M.
The "Medieval Crafts" hall displays different craftsmen such as smiths, masons, and coin minters, and artifacts discovered during archaeological excavations.
In the "Medieval Weapons" hall, the visitors will see swords, shields, spears, bows, arrows, and crossbows and two models of battering ram.
Visitors will also explore the interiors of homes of nobles (boyars), of temples, and of homes of common folk during the Second Kingdom, scenes of the live of boyar families, a multimedia hall for showing films about Veliko Tarnovo's history, and much more.
They will be offered the opportunity to dress in Medieval costumes and take pictures.
- » So Independent Festival To Host Sundance, Tribeca, Cannes Movies in Sofia
- » Stage of Centuries Opera Season To Be Launched in Bulgaria's Tarnovo in 2017
- » One Dance Week Features Performances from France, Korea on Oct 13-14
- » Russian Impressionists Featured in Bulgaria for 1st Time
- » Bulgarian Movie 'Losers' to Compete for Oscar with 84 Titles
- » Bulgaria’s Kvadrat 500 To Open Exhibition Hall for People With Visual Impairment