Police Find Five Murdered in Sofia Apartment
Five people were found dead Thursday night in an apartment in Sofia.
At around 9 p.m. the Sofia District Police Directorate received a tip-off that an old woman had died in an apartment in the residential district of Gotse Delchev.
Neighbors called the police to say that they had not seen the woman for a few days and that they had heard a scandal in one of the apartments.
The police officers found the body of an elderly woman in the corridor of the apartment.
She was lying in a puddle of blood and there was a bullet shell next to her.
In the other rooms of the apartment, police found four other dead bodies.
The elderly woman, aged 79, had been living with her daughter, 54, her son-in-law, 55, and her two grandsons aged 27 and 21.
The neighbors told the police that the two grandsons had been slightly mentally unstable.
The 55-year-old man was found to have been an official of the Ministry of Defence who had retired.
He owned a legal weapon which was found in the apartment.
His wife was revealed to have been a former official of the Interior Ministry.
According to preliminary reports, the murderer was the 21-year old son who suffered a mental disorder and shot himself after killing his relatives.
The investigation of the case continues.
- » Plovdiv Appellate Court Upholds Detention of Imam Accused of Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgarian Police Busts Group of VAT Fraudsters
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 2.7 kg Cocaine from Venezuelan Citizen
- » Suspect of Suitcase Murder in Bulgaria Remains in Custody
- » Bulgarian Prosecution Suspects KTB Conservators of Deliberate Mismanagement
- » Specialized Prosecutor’s Office Resubmits Indictment against Businessman Grisha Ganchev