Bulgarian Border Policeman Commits Suicide
A senior police officer from Bulgaria's Border Police in the city of Burgas has committed suicide while on duty.
The incident has happened around 5 pm Wednesday. Tencho Tenchev, with a career with the Border Police since 1999, has shot himself with his own gun on board of the police cutter where he was serving his shift.
The emergency medical team found a gun wound on his right temple and pronounced him dead at the scene.
Police and the prosecutor's office are investigating, but have declined offering any details. In addition, the incident has been kept secret for hours after it happened aboard the cutter, which was at the pier where the Burgas Border Police is based.
Tenchev's colleagues are reported to be in shock by his sudden death.
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » 10% of Sofia Univeristy Places Remain Vacant After Third-Round Admission
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Der Standard: Antiquities Traders Have Little to Fear of Bulgarian Authorities
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia