Bulgarian Border Policeman Commits Suicide
A senior police officer from Bulgaria's Border Police in the city of Burgas has committed suicide while on duty.
The incident has happened around 5 pm Wednesday. Tencho Tenchev, with a career with the Border Police since 1999, has shot himself with his own gun on board of the police cutter where he was serving his shift.
The emergency medical team found a gun wound on his right temple and pronounced him dead at the scene.
Police and the prosecutor's office are investigating, but have declined offering any details. In addition, the incident has been kept secret for hours after it happened aboard the cutter, which was at the pier where the Burgas Border Police is based.
Tenchev's colleagues are reported to be in shock by his sudden death.
- » Scientists to Search for Ancient Civilization in Bulgaria's Rhodopes
- » Communist-Era Cars Museum to Open in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks