Pro-Chavez Rally Planned Instead of Inauguration
Venezuelan authorities called for a massive rally in support of cancer-stricken Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez on Thursday.
Several Latin American leaders have already arrived in Venezuela's capital for an event to honor the ailing Chavez, who is undergoing cancer treatment in Cuba and has not made a public appearance in a month.'
Uruguayan President Jose Mujica, Bolivian President Evo Morales and Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega are to attend the rally, according to CNN.
The Venezuelan leader was to be sworn in for a new sex-year term on Thursday. However, the ceremony was postponed due to his health problems. According to the latest official reports, Chavez is being treated for ''respiratory deficiency'' after complications from a severe lung infection.
On Wednesday, Venezuela's Supreme Court backed the government's position, ruling that Chavez begins a new term on Thursday and can be sworn in later before the court.
- » The Company of Elon Musk Launched a Global High-speed Internet Project (Video)
- » Over 400 Civilians were Killed near Damascus in the Past Five Days
- » Trump Wants Teachers to Carry Weapons
- » Deputy Director of UNICEF Resigned Because of Obscene Remarks to Women
- » An Armed Sheriff did not Help in the Shooting at a High School in the US
- » Trump to Announce New Sanctions Against North Korea; South Korea Preps For Talks with North