Bulgaria's Govt Approves Operational Program for Education, Science in 2014-2020
The Bulgarian government has approved the introduction of a new operational program for science and education in Bulgaria's contract with the EU on the 2014-2020 programming period.
Bulgarian Ministers approved the expansion of the list of operational programs in the presence of Stefan Vodenicharov, Chair of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences and nine university presidents.
Vodenicharov, as cited by Darik radio, thanked the government for acknowledging that the European agenda 2020 could not work out without science and innovations and vowed prompt returns as a result of the step.
Ivan Ilchev, President of the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski", voiced hopes that the new operational would send a Bulgarian university among the top 500 in the world by 2020.
The main body in charge of the program will be the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Science.
A decision of the Bulgarian government from April 2012 provided that the EU funds in the next programming period would be allocated to the spheres of innovation and entrepreneurship, regional development, transport infrastructure, environment, human resources development, technical assistance and administrative capacity, rural development, maritime affairs and fisheries, and trans-border cooperation.
The main goal of the new operational program is the achievement of smart growth by increasing the quality of scientific research and education.
The implementation of the operational program is to bring concrete results in five priority spheres, including scientific research and technological development, the connection between education, the business sector and employment, education as a factor for social inclusion, education and lifelong learning, and the improvement of educational infrastructure.
- » Teachers Approved 256 Schoolbooks
- » 351 Candidate Students From Traditional Bulgarian Communities Choose Bulgaria to Continue Their Education
- » Bulgarian Students Won 12 Medals at Prestigious International Math Olympiads
- » Minimum Wage For Bulgarian Teachers to be BGN 836 as of September 1
- » One Gold and Three Bronze Medals for Bulgarian Team in a Prestigious Competition for Informatics in Tehran
- » Remarkable Success for Bulgarian National Biology Team in UK