Bulgaria's Burgas to Modernize Sarafovo Fishing Port with EU Funds
Dragomir Gospodinov, Executive Director of the Bulgarian Fisheries and Aquaculture Executive Agency, and Dimitar Nikolov, Mayor of the Burgas Municipality, have signed a contract for the reconstruction and modernization of the Sarafovo fishing port.
The total cost of the project is BGN 12 M and it will be implemented using a grant of BGN 9.77 M under the operational program for the development of the Fisheries sector.
This is Bulgaria's first approved project under Measure 3.3.Investments in reconstruction and modernization of fishing ports, landing sites, and shelters, according to reports of the Bulgarian Fisheries and Aquaculture Executive Agency.
In end-August 2012, the Bulgarian government granted the Burgas municipality a seabed construction permit, paving the way for the finalization of construction works and expansion of the Sarafovo fishing port with EU funding.
Under the project, the port is to accommodate 104 vessels with a height of up to 8 meters and 6 vessels with a height of up to 20 meters.
The upgraded Sarafovo fishing port will be equipped with a fishing exchange, modern fish storing and processing units, ship repair sites, and a parking lot.
The project is to be completed within 18 months.
- » Bulgarian PM Urges European Solidarity with Countries Worst Affected by Migration Crisis
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Discussing Border Protection with EU Commission Chief Juncker
- » EU Monitoring of Bulgarian Prosecution Postponed for Several Weeks
- » European Monitoring of Bulgarian Prosecution to Begin on Monday
- » DW: Bulgarian Prime Minister Is Brussels' 'Golden Boy'
- » Bulgarian Project Wins Natura 2000 Award