Strong Quake Jolts Turkey's Aegean Coast, Felt in Bulgaria
A 5.7 magnitude earthquake struck just off Turkey's northwestern Aegean coast on Tuesday, according to the US Geological Survey.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage, according to international media.
The quake struck 59 miles (95 km) southwest of the Turkish city of Canakkale at a depth of 6.1 miles (10 km) and was felt in Istanbul to the east and Athens in the west.
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
- » Mostly Sunny Weather with Temperatures of up to 22-27°C
- » NIMH: Mostly Sunny Today with Temperatures of Up to 22-27°C
- » Those who Died in the California Fires are Now 42
- » Xi Jinping: China will Fight to Stop Climate Change
- » NIMH: Fog in Some Areas in the Morning, Maximum Temperatures 22-27°C