Earthquake Felt Lightly in Bulgaria's Sofia
An earthquake was felt lightly in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia around 4:16 pm EET on Tuesday.
According to Darik radio, a slight tremor was also felt in the country’s second largest city of Plovdiv.
The European Seismological Center has informed that a powerful 5.8 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Aegean Sea at precisely the same time.
It was initially unclear whether it was the same earthquake that was felt in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria Registers Increased Air Pollution Levels
- » Construction Works on Bulgaria's Beach of Coral Will Be Stopped, Official Says
- » Construction Works at Bulgarian Black Sea Coast Campsite Temporarily Stopped
- » Bulgaria to Allocate EU Funding of BGN 115 M to Fighting Air Pollution in Cities
- » Construction Works along Bulgaria's Black Sea Coastline Cause Turmoil
- » Weather: Cloudy and Chilly in April