Earthquake Felt Lightly in Bulgaria's Sofia
An earthquake was felt lightly in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia around 4:16 pm EET on Tuesday.
According to Darik radio, a slight tremor was also felt in the country’s second largest city of Plovdiv.
The European Seismological Center has informed that a powerful 5.8 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Aegean Sea at precisely the same time.
It was initially unclear whether it was the same earthquake that was felt in Bulgaria.
- » 18 Bulgarian Cities Have 'Extremely Polluted' Air
- » Bulgaria Ranks Poorly In Climate Change Performance Index
- » Extreme Weather Warnings Issued For Tuesday
- » Situation in Bulgaria's Flooded Regions Remains Adverse
- » Minor 2.5-Magnitude Earthquake Registered in Sofia
- » Emergency Remains in Part of SE Bulgaria, Villages in North Covered in Ice