Earthquake Felt Lightly in Bulgaria's Sofia
An earthquake was felt lightly in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia around 4:16 pm EET on Tuesday.
According to Darik radio, a slight tremor was also felt in the country’s second largest city of Plovdiv.
The European Seismological Center has informed that a powerful 5.8 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Aegean Sea at precisely the same time.
It was initially unclear whether it was the same earthquake that was felt in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgarian TPP Carries Highest Pollution Cost in Europe
- » US Braces for New Heavy Snowfall after Storm Leaves Seven Dead
- » 7 Bulgarian Districts under Code Orange Weather Alert over Heavy Rain
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns Of Rising Water Levels In Rivers
- » EU’s Finance Ministers to Approve Flood Aid of EUR 10 M for Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Rhodope Mountains Become Part Of Rewilding Europe Initiative