Earthquake Felt Lightly in Bulgaria's Sofia
An earthquake was felt lightly in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia around 4:16 pm EET on Tuesday.
According to Darik radio, a slight tremor was also felt in the country’s second largest city of Plovdiv.
The European Seismological Center has informed that a powerful 5.8 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Aegean Sea at precisely the same time.
It was initially unclear whether it was the same earthquake that was felt in Bulgaria.
- » Code Orange Issued in Seven Bulgarian Districts Over Heavy Rains, Wind
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria
- » London Heathrow Cancels 10% of Flights over Hurricane Gonzalo
- » Brussels Threatens Bulgaria With Court Action Over Environment Issues
- » Sofia Zoo To Get Penguins, Kangaroos