Earthquake Felt Lightly in Bulgaria's Sofia
An earthquake was felt lightly in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia around 4:16 pm EET on Tuesday.
According to Darik radio, a slight tremor was also felt in the country’s second largest city of Plovdiv.
The European Seismological Center has informed that a powerful 5.8 magnitude earthquake occurred in the Aegean Sea at precisely the same time.
It was initially unclear whether it was the same earthquake that was felt in Bulgaria.
- » Bulgaria's Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » 6 Bulgarian Districts Bracing for Heavy Rain, Thunderstorms, Hail
- » Bulgarian Tourism Organizations Sign Environment Protection Memorandum
- » Bulgaria's Southern Black Sea Coast Returns to Normal after Floods
- » Code Yellow in 5 Bulgarian Districts over Hail, Torrents Friday
- » Code Yellow Issued in 7 Districts over Risk of Hail, Thunderstorms