Mario Vargas Llosa to Visit Bulgaria in May
Nobel Prize winner Mario Vargas Llosa will visit Bulgaria and meet some of his Bulgarian readers in May 2013, it has been announced.
The prominent Peruvian novelist will arrive on the invitation of local publishing house Colibri, which recently published two of his books – "Who Killed Palomino Molero?" and "Captain Pantoja and the Special Service."
Mario Vargas Llosa, born in Peru in 1936, is the author of some of the most significant writing to come out of South America in the past fifty years. His novels include "The Green House", "The Feast of the Goat", and "Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter", among others.
He is also a widely read and respected essayist, writing everything from newspaper opinion pieces to critical works on other writers. He was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature for the year 2010, "for his cartography of structures of power & his trenchant images of the individual's resistance, revolt, and defeat".
- » Translation of Bulgarian Novel Goes to 2016 PEN Prize Finals
- » Scorpions 50th Anniversary Tour to Include Sofia Concert on July 17
- » Sofia Film Fest 20th Edition to Take Place March10-31
- » Bulgaria's Pernik Hosts 25th Edition of Surva Masquerade Games
- » Bulgaria's Sofia to Host World Festival of Animated Film Jan 29-31
- » MENAR Film Festival Kicks Off in Sofia on January 14