US Drone Strike Kills 8 Militants in Pakistan
Several missiles fired from American drones slammed into a compound near the Afghan border in Pakistan early Tuesday, killing eight suspected militants, according to officials.
The compound was reportedly located near the town of Mir Ali in the North Waziristan tribal area.
Officials have told the BBC that among the militants killed were two foreign fighters, said to be from Uzbekistan.
North Waziristan is a stronghold for insurgent groups active in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Last week, US drone strike in South Waziristan killed senior Pakistani militant leader Mullah Nazir.
- » Migrant Arrivals by Sea in Europe Top 222,000 in 2016 - IOM
- » Russia Ready to Supply Additional Gas to Europe across Black Sea, Energy Minister Says
- » EU Parliament Calls on UK Begin Withdrawal
- » Juncker Urges UK to Clarify Position on Brexit
- » Deputy PM: Bulgaria Is Increasingly Becoming Final Destination for Asylum Seekers
- » Brexit to Dominate Agenda of EU Summit, Parliament Plenary Session