US Drone Strike Kills 8 Militants in Pakistan
Several missiles fired from American drones slammed into a compound near the Afghan border in Pakistan early Tuesday, killing eight suspected militants, according to officials.
The compound was reportedly located near the town of Mir Ali in the North Waziristan tribal area.
Officials have told the BBC that among the militants killed were two foreign fighters, said to be from Uzbekistan.
North Waziristan is a stronghold for insurgent groups active in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Last week, US drone strike in South Waziristan killed senior Pakistani militant leader Mullah Nazir.
- » Greece May Rely On New Rescue Programme
- » Trial Starts in Turkey Against 47 People Accused of Attempting To Kill Erdogan
- » EU Grants EUR 18 M in Humanitarian Aid for Ukraine
- » New Ceasefire Agreement To Enter Into Force in Ukraine
- » Bulgaria Pays EUR 1 M for Court of Human Rights Verdicts
- » Putin Allows Recognition of Passports from Donetsk, Luhansk 'Republics'