US Drone Strike Kills 8 Militants in Pakistan
Several missiles fired from American drones slammed into a compound near the Afghan border in Pakistan early Tuesday, killing eight suspected militants, according to officials.
The compound was reportedly located near the town of Mir Ali in the North Waziristan tribal area.
Officials have told the BBC that among the militants killed were two foreign fighters, said to be from Uzbekistan.
North Waziristan is a stronghold for insurgent groups active in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Last week, US drone strike in South Waziristan killed senior Pakistani militant leader Mullah Nazir.
- » South Korean Ferry Death Toll Tops 150
- » Lavrov Warns Russia Could Act in Ukraine as It Did in Georgia
- » Possible Malaysian Plane Debris Found in Australia
- » Ukraine's 'Anti-Terrorist' Operation Continues
- » Crimean Tatar Leader Barred from Entering Russia
- » Russia Bans Military and Police from Traveling Abroad