US Drone Strike Kills 8 Militants in Pakistan
Several missiles fired from American drones slammed into a compound near the Afghan border in Pakistan early Tuesday, killing eight suspected militants, according to officials.
The compound was reportedly located near the town of Mir Ali in the North Waziristan tribal area.
Officials have told the BBC that among the militants killed were two foreign fighters, said to be from Uzbekistan.
North Waziristan is a stronghold for insurgent groups active in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Last week, US drone strike in South Waziristan killed senior Pakistani militant leader Mullah Nazir.
- » Some 4,700 People Remanded in Custody in Turkey over Failed Coup Attempt
- » Turkish Airlines to Maintain Normal Operations during Emergency Rule
- » France Charges Five Suspects over Nice Truck Attack
- » EU’s Mogherini Calls on Turkey to Respect Human Rights during Emergency Rule
- » Turkey to Suspend Human Rights Convention during State of Emergency
- » Germany Calls on Turkey to Show Restraint in Response to Thwarted Coup Attempt