US Drone Strike Kills 8 Militants in Pakistan
Several missiles fired from American drones slammed into a compound near the Afghan border in Pakistan early Tuesday, killing eight suspected militants, according to officials.
The compound was reportedly located near the town of Mir Ali in the North Waziristan tribal area.
Officials have told the BBC that among the militants killed were two foreign fighters, said to be from Uzbekistan.
North Waziristan is a stronghold for insurgent groups active in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Last week, US drone strike in South Waziristan killed senior Pakistani militant leader Mullah Nazir.
- » Russia's Putin Vows Justice after Boris Nemtsov Killing
- » Russia Opposition Allowed to Hold Mourning March after Nemtsov Death
- » Nemtsov Murder: Investigators Suggest Leader Might be 'Sacrifical Victim'
- » Moscow Prohibits Nemtsov Tribute Rally
- » Russian Investigators: Nemtsov Killing Linked to Charlie Hebdo Comments
- » Russia Opposition to Move Rally to Moscow Center after Nemtsov Murder