Bulgarians Spent BGN 4 B during Winter Holidays - NRA
Bulgarians spent a total of BGN 4 B during the latest winter holidays, according to the country's National Revenue Agency.
Supermarkets, clothing stores, home and kitchen appliances stores, as well as shops selling various technical gadgets doubled and even tripled their turnovers in December, as compared to the other months of the year.
Lots of Bulgarians spent more than they could afford, with many of them resorting to borrowing.
The National Revenue Agency believes that a large number of Bulgarian nationals will attempt to postpone the payment of their household bills until early February.
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Head Dismissed amid Extortion Allegations
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria Increased 4-fold in 2000-2015
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgarian Farmers Hit By Russia Sanctions May Expect Compensations Totaling EUR 398 000
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia