Bulgarians Spent BGN 4 B during Winter Holidays - NRA
Bulgarians spent a total of BGN 4 B during the latest winter holidays, according to the country's National Revenue Agency.
Supermarkets, clothing stores, home and kitchen appliances stores, as well as shops selling various technical gadgets doubled and even tripled their turnovers in December, as compared to the other months of the year.
Lots of Bulgarians spent more than they could afford, with many of them resorting to borrowing.
The National Revenue Agency believes that a large number of Bulgarian nationals will attempt to postpone the payment of their household bills until early February.
- » Bulgarian Regional Minister: Section of Struma Motorway to be Launched on Friday
- » Energy Watchdog Chair – Further Postponement of New Power Prices Is Impossible
- » Bulgaria’s May Gross Foreign Debt Down 4% from 2014
- » Industry, Retail Lead Drop in Bulgaria’s Business Confidence Index
- » Majority Stake in Bulgarian Software Company Fadata Bought by British Insurance Co, US PE Firm
- » Bulgarian Employers, Trade Unions to Protest Planned Power Price Hike