Burgas Terror Act Investigator Sacked over Info Leak
The Prosecutor's Office has dismissed investigator Staneliya Karadzhova as member of the team investigating the July 18 terror act in Bulgaria's Black city of Burgas.
Karadzhova has been dismissed on January 3 by the Burgas Regional Prosecutor on grounds the investigator leaked in the media classified information about latest developments in the probe.
The Interior Ministry declined refuting officially the above statement, with Kalin Georgiev, Chief Secretary of the Interior, only saying that any comments on the subject would be detrimental for the investigation.
Five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver were killed in the July 18 terrorist attack at the airport in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas. Israel has blamed Hezbollah for the attack.
- » Police in Italy Seize 400kg of Marijuana from Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 46 People Suspected of Human Smuggling
- » “I would hate to see someone else in my situation,” Len Homeniuk tells Globe and Mail
- » Bulgaria to Extradite Suspect in Migrant Truck Deaths to Austria
- » Sofia Court Relaunches Money Laundering Case against Alleged Drug Lord Evelin Banev
- » Trial against Alleged Bulgarian Drug Lord to Continue in Sofia