Burgas Terror Act Investigator Sacked over Info Leak
The Prosecutor's Office has dismissed investigator Staneliya Karadzhova as member of the team investigating the July 18 terror act in Bulgaria's Black city of Burgas.
Karadzhova has been dismissed on January 3 by the Burgas Regional Prosecutor on grounds the investigator leaked in the media classified information about latest developments in the probe.
The Interior Ministry declined refuting officially the above statement, with Kalin Georgiev, Chief Secretary of the Interior, only saying that any comments on the subject would be detrimental for the investigation.
Five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver were killed in the July 18 terrorist attack at the airport in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas. Israel has blamed Hezbollah for the attack.
- » Suspect for Brutal Murderer of 60-Year-old British Woman Arrested by Bulgarian Police
- » Serbia Police Find Weapons, Ammo in Bulgarian Train
- » Englishwoman Reportedly Found Dead in Bulgarian Village, Murder Suspected
- » Bulgaria’s Sopharma CEO Ognian Donev Charged with BGN 63 M Tax Evasion
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van