Burgas Terror Act Investigator Sacked over Info Leak
The Prosecutor's Office has dismissed investigator Staneliya Karadzhova as member of the team investigating the July 18 terror act in Bulgaria's Black city of Burgas.
Karadzhova has been dismissed on January 3 by the Burgas Regional Prosecutor on grounds the investigator leaked in the media classified information about latest developments in the probe.
The Interior Ministry declined refuting officially the above statement, with Kalin Georgiev, Chief Secretary of the Interior, only saying that any comments on the subject would be detrimental for the investigation.
Five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver were killed in the July 18 terrorist attack at the airport in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas. Israel has blamed Hezbollah for the attack.
- » Prosecutors Look into Minister's French Social Benefits
- » Greek Police Seized Fake EUR 50 Banknotes Possibly Printed in Bulgaria
- » Chief Secretary of Interior: 2 Tonnes of Drugs Seized since January
- » CEPACA Distrains Property of Nesebar Mayor and Chief Architect
- » Trial Against Bulgaria's ex-IntMin Adjourned Again
- » Int'l Police Operation Busts Bulgarian Credit Card Fraud Ring