Burgas Terror Act Investigator Sacked over Info Leak
The Prosecutor's Office has dismissed investigator Staneliya Karadzhova as member of the team investigating the July 18 terror act in Bulgaria's Black city of Burgas.
Karadzhova has been dismissed on January 3 by the Burgas Regional Prosecutor on grounds the investigator leaked in the media classified information about latest developments in the probe.
The Interior Ministry declined refuting officially the above statement, with Kalin Georgiev, Chief Secretary of the Interior, only saying that any comments on the subject would be detrimental for the investigation.
Five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver were killed in the July 18 terrorist attack at the airport in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas. Israel has blamed Hezbollah for the attack.
- » Number of People Detained Over Truck with Dead Migrants in Austria Rises to Seven
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Man over Austria Migrant Deaths
- » Suspected Jihadists Detained at Bulgaria Border 'Linked to IS'
- » Human Smuggling in Bulgaria Is Punishable by Ridiculous Fines - Foreign Minister
- » Bulgaria Charges Two People with Making False Identity Documents
- » Sofia Confirms Arrest of 3 Bulgarians in Hungary over Migrant Truck Deaths