Burgas Terror Act Investigator Sacked over Info Leak
The Prosecutor's Office has dismissed investigator Staneliya Karadzhova as member of the team investigating the July 18 terror act in Bulgaria's Black city of Burgas.
Karadzhova has been dismissed on January 3 by the Burgas Regional Prosecutor on grounds the investigator leaked in the media classified information about latest developments in the probe.
The Interior Ministry declined refuting officially the above statement, with Kalin Georgiev, Chief Secretary of the Interior, only saying that any comments on the subject would be detrimental for the investigation.
Five Israeli tourists and a Bulgarian bus driver were killed in the July 18 terrorist attack at the airport in the Bulgarian Black Sea city of Burgas. Israel has blamed Hezbollah for the attack.
- » Sofia Court Reduces Prison Sentence of Alleged Drug Gang Leader Zlatomir Ivanov
- » Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
- » TIR Truck Driver Sentenced to Life Imprisonment in Iran Returned to Bulgaria
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Majority Owner of Bulgaria's Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Police Busts Fake Passports Ring
- » Tax Agency Employee Murdered in Bulgaria's Capital