Ireland Seeks Convicted Drug Dealer Extradition from Bulgaria
The police of Ireland will seek the extradition of a convicted drug dealer after he is dealt with by Bulgarian authorities, the Irish Independent reported.
Vincent Collopy (33), of St Mary's Park, Limerick, is awaiting trial after he was arrested following the seizure of drugs and guns at a resort complex on the Black Sea.
Collopy – along with his brother, Jonathan Collopy (25) – was arrested by Bulgarian police last April at the biggest sea resort in the country.
Vincent Collopy has been on the run from gardai in Limerick since 2010 after three of his brothers, Kieran, Damian and Brian, threatened to kill and intimidate former associate Willie Moran.
However, eight months after the brothers were arrested, Vincent remains in a Bulgarian jail and could face a lengthy prison sentence following the seizure made at the apartment in the Sunny Beach resort.
When Bulgarian authorities have finished all dealings with the Collopy brothers, gardai will seek to have Vincent extradited back to Ireland.
A European Arrest Warrant had been issued for him as part of a garda investigation into serious criminal activity in Limerick.
When he is eventually extradited home, Vincent is likely to face threats to kill and intimidation charges as part of the lengthy investigation.
He has a daughter with Natalie Keane, the only daughter of convicted drug dealer Christy Keane.
In 2011, Kieran Collopy and Damian Collopy, of St Ita's Street, St Mary's Park, Limerick, were both jailed for five years for threatening to kill Willie Moran. The brothers believed Moran had money belonging to their late brother Philip.
- » Irish Revenue Seize over 18,000 Smuggled Cigarettes Originating from Bulgaria, Ukraine
- » Homeless Person Accused for Fire in Plovdiv's Tobacco Warehouse
- » Bulgaria Charges Four Afghans with Attempted Smuggling of 29 Syrian Migrants from Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 13 Irregular Migrants on Trakia Motorway
- » Former Road Infrastructure Agency Chief found innocent in scandalous court case
- » Bulgaria to Turn over Mourad Hamyd to France