Palestine to Issue Official IDs as Sovereign State
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has ordered identification documents issued by the Palestinian Authority to be labeled as coming from the State of Palestine.
This comes in the wake of the UN's General Assembly granting Palestine the status of a non-member observer state end of 2013.
According to Abbas, the new move will help strengthen and consolidate the Palestinian state, as well as its sovereignty over its territory.
The Palestinian president has already ordered the Foreign Affairs Ministry and diplomatic missions to issue documents labeled "State of Palestine."
Israel, which was critical towards the UN's granting the status of a state to Palestine, has not yet commented on the development.
- » Brexit: EU Referendum Petition Hits 3 M Signatures
- » Soros Warns of 'Irreversible' EU Disintegration after Brexit
- » Spain Holds Early Election after Failed Govt Talks
- » UK EU Commissioner Jonathan Hill Resigns
- » EU Leaders Hope UK Will Remain Close Partner After Brexit
- » Turkey Has Not Yet Confirmed Suspension of Readmission Agreement with Bulgaria