Palestine to Issue Official IDs as Sovereign State
Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has ordered identification documents issued by the Palestinian Authority to be labeled as coming from the State of Palestine.
This comes in the wake of the UN's General Assembly granting Palestine the status of a non-member observer state end of 2013.
According to Abbas, the new move will help strengthen and consolidate the Palestinian state, as well as its sovereignty over its territory.
The Palestinian president has already ordered the Foreign Affairs Ministry and diplomatic missions to issue documents labeled "State of Palestine."
Israel, which was critical towards the UN's granting the status of a state to Palestine, has not yet commented on the development.
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants
- » Italy Issues State of Emergency Over Catastrophic Earthquake
- » Victims of the Catastrophic Earthquake in Italy reach 240
- » Turkey to Open Third Bridge across Bosphorus Friday
- » Terror Attack on American University of Afghanistan Leaves at least 10 Dead
- » Serbian Hunter Suspected of Shooting Afghan Migrant Dead near Pirot