6 Russians Perish in Italian Alps Accident
Six Russian tourists have died and two others have been injured after their snowmobile flipped over on a ski slope in north-eastern Italy.
The incident took place on Friday night near Trentino. Russia's Consul General in Milan confirmed the death of the six tourists on Saturday.
The accident occurred on a steep slope at the altitude of 2,000 meters while the eight were traversing a closed 'black' track most likely on the way from a restaurant to their hotel, RIA Novosti informs.
The driver apparently lost control of the snowmobile and the vehicle broke through the safety nets, plunging about 100 meters down the slope.
- » Manchester Arena explosion: Children Among 22 Killed by Suicide Bomber After Ariana Grande Concert
- » Ariana Grande Concert: Deaths After Reported Blast
- » Erdogan Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party
- » Theresa May: 'No time to Waste' as Brexit Talks Will Start Just 11 Days After the Election'
- » Romania Аpproves Financial Support for Holocaust Survivors
- » Swedish Prosecutors to Decide on Lifting Assange Warrant