6 Russians Perish in Italian Alps Accident
Six Russian tourists have died and two others have been injured after their snowmobile flipped over on a ski slope in north-eastern Italy.
The incident took place on Friday night near Trentino. Russia's Consul General in Milan confirmed the death of the six tourists on Saturday.
The accident occurred on a steep slope at the altitude of 2,000 meters while the eight were traversing a closed 'black' track most likely on the way from a restaurant to their hotel, RIA Novosti informs.
The driver apparently lost control of the snowmobile and the vehicle broke through the safety nets, plunging about 100 meters down the slope.
- » Russia Mulls Isolating Itself from Global Internet
- » UK Retains Commitment to Devolution after Scotland's 'No'
- » Serbia Cuts Pensions, Public Sector Salaries
- » Albania's Parliament Dismisses Central Bank Governor
- » China, India Sign Landmark USD 20 B Deals
- » Russia's Putin 'Threatens to Send Army' to Riga, Warsaw, Bucharest