6 Russians Perish in Italian Alps Accident
Six Russian tourists have died and two others have been injured after their snowmobile flipped over on a ski slope in north-eastern Italy.
The incident took place on Friday night near Trentino. Russia's Consul General in Milan confirmed the death of the six tourists on Saturday.
The accident occurred on a steep slope at the altitude of 2,000 meters while the eight were traversing a closed 'black' track most likely on the way from a restaurant to their hotel, RIA Novosti informs.
The driver apparently lost control of the snowmobile and the vehicle broke through the safety nets, plunging about 100 meters down the slope.
- » Arrested Bulgarians in Belgrade Have Been Released
- » US, Cuba Move to Normalize Ties
- » EU Commission to Enquire All Member States on Tax Rulings
- » EU Ready to Tighten Sanctions Against Russia
- » China, Central, Eastern Europe Cooperate on New Transport Network
- » Arrested Bulgarians to Return from Belgrade Thursday