Vidin-Based Company to Run 2nd Bulgaria-Romania Bridge
A company based in the Bulgarian Danube town of Vidin will manage the second bridge between Bulgaria and Romania, known as Danube Bridge 2, according to officials.
"The joint Bulgarian-Romanian company will be a fact and it will be based in Vidin. Negotiation s have been going extremely well," Vidin regional governor Tsvetan Asenov told the Bulgarian National Radio on Friday.
The so-called Danube Bridge 2 connecting Bulgaria's Vidin and Romania's Calafat will become functional in May 2013.
The road toll collection point on the bridge will be on Romanian territory and the revenues will be divided between the two countries proportional to the investments made.
Over 100 000 vehicles are expected to pass through the bridge each year.
- » EU Commission Motives to Freeze South Stream 'Political' - Gazprom
- » Armenia Joins Eurasian Union
- » Gov't to Seek BGN 300 M from Internal Market
- » Bulgarian Energy Board to Hold First Session
- » Tsvetan Vasilev to Make Proposal on KTB within Days – Central Bank
- » Power of Siberia Pipeline Construction Kicks Off