Drivers in Bulgaria Have Month to Buy Toll Stickers for 2013
Drivers in Bulgaria have to buy by the end of January their toll stickers – the so-called vignettes - for 2013, preferably those valid for the whole year as they are the best deal.
The current cost of an annual vignette for a car is BGN 67, a price that has remained unchanged since 2007.
The price for a monthly toll sticker is set at BGN 25, while the weekly one comes at BGN 10.
The stickers can be bought in almost all gas stations in the country, except Petrol and Rompetrol. They will be on sale also at Easypay's offices and 1870 Bulgarian Posts' stations.
A vignette is required for driving on Bulgarian state roads. These are practically all main roads in Bulgaria and there is no option to avoid buying a vignette for driving across Bulgaria.
Bulgaria's road vignettes are not likely to be replaced by electronic toll systems before 2017.
- » Bulgarian Faithful Hold Easter Procession with 'Virgin Mary Icon'
- » Bulgaria Enforces Restrictions to Truck Movement for Holiday Returns
- » Alexander Nevsky Cathedral to Remain Open All Night on Sunday
- » Bulgarian Police Estimate 20 000 Drivers Have No Licenses
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 140 Years Since April Uprising
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Orthodox Easter