Incredible Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Semi-Finals
Bulgaria's young, but great tennis star Grigor Dimitrov turned into the big sensation of the quarter-finals at the Brisbane International after easing past seventh seed Jurgen Melzer.
Bulgarian world No.48 Grigor Dimitrov ousted seventh-seeded Austrian Jurgen Melzer 6-3 6-2 in just under an hour.
The 21-year-old is the youngest man ranked in the ATP top 50 and has been described by Australian media as "the silent assassin" of the event after taking down second seed Milos Raonic a day earlier.
Dimitrov will face crowd favourite – Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis - in Saturday's semi-final.
The former Australian Open finalist advanced to the semi-finals by upsetting third-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon 6-3 6-4.
- » Schumacher Paralysed - With Speech, Memory Problems
- » Bulgarian Football Union Dismisses Head Coach
- » Russian Promoter Calls Police to Investigate Klitschko's gloves
- » Kubrat Pulev: Klitscko Does Not Deserve My Respect
- » Bulgaria Surprisingly Ties with Malta 1:1 in Euro Qualifiers
- » Wladimir Klitschko Defeats Kubrat Pulev in 5th Round