Incredible Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Semi-Finals
Bulgaria's young, but great tennis star Grigor Dimitrov turned into the big sensation of the quarter-finals at the Brisbane International after easing past seventh seed Jurgen Melzer.
Bulgarian world No.48 Grigor Dimitrov ousted seventh-seeded Austrian Jurgen Melzer 6-3 6-2 in just under an hour.
The 21-year-old is the youngest man ranked in the ATP top 50 and has been described by Australian media as "the silent assassin" of the event after taking down second seed Milos Raonic a day earlier.
Dimitrov will face crowd favourite – Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis - in Saturday's semi-final.
The former Australian Open finalist advanced to the semi-finals by upsetting third-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon 6-3 6-4.
- » Bulgaria's New Rhythmic Gymnastics Ensemble Scoops 1st Title
- » March Honouring Pro-Nazi General Held Despite Sofia Mayor Ban
- » Goffin Defeats Dimitrov in Rotterdam, Ending His Series of Victories
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeats Denis Istomin at Rotterdam ATP 500 Second Round
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam
- » Tennis: Grigor Dimitrov to Face Mischa Zverev in Rotterdam