Incredible Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Semi-Finals
Bulgaria's young, but great tennis star Grigor Dimitrov turned into the big sensation of the quarter-finals at the Brisbane International after easing past seventh seed Jurgen Melzer.
Bulgarian world No.48 Grigor Dimitrov ousted seventh-seeded Austrian Jurgen Melzer 6-3 6-2 in just under an hour.
The 21-year-old is the youngest man ranked in the ATP top 50 and has been described by Australian media as "the silent assassin" of the event after taking down second seed Milos Raonic a day earlier.
Dimitrov will face crowd favourite – Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis - in Saturday's semi-final.
The former Australian Open finalist advanced to the semi-finals by upsetting third-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon 6-3 6-4.
- » Bulgaria's Pironkova to Face Sloane Stephens in 3rd Round of Roland Garros
- » Bulgaria’s Tsvetana Pironkova Proceeds to Third Round of Roland Garros
- » CSKA Sofia Claims Bulgarian Cup in Historic Final
- » Two Bulgarian Mountaineers Ascend World's Fifth Highest Peak
- » Tsvetana Pironkova Remains Sole Bulgarian Representative at Roland Garros
- » Tennis: Bulgaria's Dimitrov to Face Serbia's Troicki in Postponed Match in Paris Monday