Incredible Grigor Dimitrov Reaches Brisbane Semi-Finals
Bulgaria's young, but great tennis star Grigor Dimitrov turned into the big sensation of the quarter-finals at the Brisbane International after easing past seventh seed Jurgen Melzer.
Bulgarian world No.48 Grigor Dimitrov ousted seventh-seeded Austrian Jurgen Melzer 6-3 6-2 in just under an hour.
The 21-year-old is the youngest man ranked in the ATP top 50 and has been described by Australian media as "the silent assassin" of the event after taking down second seed Milos Raonic a day earlier.
Dimitrov will face crowd favourite – Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis - in Saturday's semi-final.
The former Australian Open finalist advanced to the semi-finals by upsetting third-seeded Frenchman Gilles Simon 6-3 6-4.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award
- » Two Romanian Football Legends to Join Stoichkov's 50th Birthday Show
- » PM: Bulgaria Has Potential to Be Among Best Sport Destinations on Balkans